C H A P T E R O N E

THIRD PERSON POV

"Reina, dear..."

"Father?" The young woman found herself alone in a dark forest. Her petite body tenses as she scanned the area diligently, though she realized then she was weaponless. The voice she heard had a deep, gentle tone, and it was all too familiar. "Father, where are you?"

Suddenly, the ground beneath her feet shifted, causing her to momentarily lose her balance. When she looked up, she faced a massive round stone halfway buried into the earth. Surrounding her were tilted columns perimetering a runed floor. Here, the light-blue sky was bright and Reina could see a lush horizon beyond the cliff on which the ruins lain. Quite a beautiful sight...

"What is this place?" Reina pondered, walking slowly towards the round stone in the center of the ruins. Something inside her stirred, and she felt like gravity was pulling her closer to it. Her hand reached out on its own...her fingers just grazed its smooth surface when a sudden enlightenment flashed before her. She could hear many voices. Through the bright haziness, a small figure's silouette emerged closer and closer, but Reina could not make out its identity. When she attempted to shout, no sound came out.

"Reina...trust in the Force..." Another mellow voice called. This was a voice she was also familiar with, but lied deep within a lost memory. "Trust in the Force and you will know your path."

REINA'S POV

I gasped awake, and it took me a moment to remember where I was. On the Razor Crest. With a Mandalorian. And the Child, who swung peacefully asleep above me in his little hammock my partner had constructed. I rose myself into a sitting position inside the storage compartment, which all three of us used as a sleeping place, and gazed straight ahead.

I could no longer see color as I did in the strange dream—now all I could see was silver linings within a pitch-black background. Sighing, I scooted myself out of the compartment and stretched my arms above my head. Behind me, I heard a soft coo. Gazing over my shoulder, I grinned at the sleepy face of the little green guy. "Rest well, little one?" I asked as I gently picked him up and cradled him in one arm. Its large dark eyes squinted open and stared up at me. "Let's see how...he's holding up, huh?"

Using one hand to climb the short ladder, I entered the cockpit, where the Mandalorian sat at the main console. He swiveled in his seat to see me. "I was just about to let you know we've entered the outer rim."

"I appreciate it, um..." I stopped, then sighed.

"Don't worry about it." Mando immediately chided.

I nodded silently. It's been a little awkward on how to address him ever since I learned his real name was Din Djarin. Of course, when we are out in the open, I call him by his alias Mando. But when we are alone...Part of me wants to casually continue calling him Mando, and there's the other part to call him by his birth name.

"Din," I calmly said. "When we land, who are we looking for?"

"Gor Koresh. He's our lead."

"Brilliant."

As the Razor Crest landed on the desolated planet, I bounced the Child on my lap, looking into its large eyes. "Isn't it about time we gave him a name?"

"What?"

"Well, isn't it strange calling him "Kid" or nothing at all? Maybe we should give him a name."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Mando hesitantly murmured. "We should focus on finding Gor Koresh so that we can locate other coverts. They can help us find some Jedi."