XXVIII - Last Resort

"No..."

Ang bakas ng katawan ni Darren ay tumatak sa sahig. I wasn't able to utter any words nor Hunter. Hyazinth was still standing on her feet, and when I felt my sprained being healed. I looked at the door and saw the other's arriving.

Hyazinth's body was already exposed from head to toe. Tanggal na ang isang mata niya kaya't kitang-kita na ang LED light na nagbibigay liwanag dito. Zach helped me to get up, and the others fiercely looked to Hyazinth. Nang pumatak ang mga mata nila sa kaninang pwesto ni Darren ay agad nanlumo ang mga mata nila.

"Is he..." Thalia wasn't able to tell what she wanted to ask. She shut her eyes and stay calmed.

"Maerie... Ah, no... Hyazinth – I heard you copied me during the Raynald issue," Maddie taunted. Hyazinth grimaced, her face began to heal, and the remnants of earlier aftermath can no longer be seen.

Hyazinth smirked and looked at me, "How many times should I inform you that I am not Hyazinth," she suddenly snapped her fingers. All of a sudden, the others began to shut their eyes. Hyazinth wickedly smiled at me. Kahit isa sa kanila ay walang kumikilos maging si Hunter. Their body simultaneously hits the ground with their knees.

"You still don't get it, do you?" She asked.

Mahigpit kong hinawakan ang flash drive kung nasaan ang anti-virus. It was now or never.

"You, dying only means life,"

I let out a sigh, and fiercely looked at her. She wasn't shaken from my darted eyes, and instead, she mocked me, "Give me that," she uttered while looking at my hand hanggang sa nawala ang pasensya n'ya at inagaw ang kamay ko kung nasaan ang flash drive.

Buong lakas niyang inagaw ang flash drive hanggang sa tumawa s'ya, "This won't harm me, Scarlett," she smirked. Muli siyang lumapit sa 'kin at hinawakan ang pisnge ko. This time, she changed her face and copied Darren.

She was able to plaster Darren's soft smile as she held my face, "Do you want me to tell you who am I?"

"You are Hyazinth,"

"No, I'm not," She gritted. Muling nagbago ang istura n'ya at mas lalo lamang tumalim ang paningin ko sa kanya. She changed herself as Crystal, Darren's sister, "I am Crystal –"

"You can't fool me, and I already met Crystal,"

She looked at me quizzically and began to massage her earlobe, "What does she mean by that?" she whispered. I carefully pulled a Swiss knife out of my pocket while looking at her, "You mean, you used that while I was not around?" she added.

I lunged the knife towards her, but she immediately avoided it and tightly held my hand. She pushed me to the ground. And I kicked her right leg, making her fall too. She suddenly gave me a teasing smile and fixed herself.

"Do you want me to tell you a secret?" She asked.

Umupo siya aking harapan at ginala ang kanyang paningin hanggang sa bumaba ang tingin niya sa kutsilyo. All of sudden, my body began to feel numb. Hindi ko magawang maigalaw ang aking katawan habang ang mga mata niya ay nakatingin pa rin sa 'kin. Mabilis niyang nakuha ang kutsilyo sa 'king kamay.

"Danima... Don't you remember its real meaning?"

I remained silent. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang tinutukoy n'ya. Isang saglit pa ay hiniwa n'ya ang kanyang palapulsuhan, at nawala ang balat niya. Bumungad sa aming dalawa ang bakal niyang katawan.

She softly held my arm, and even though I can feel her hold. She cut through my wrist, and I winced in pain. But to my surprise, there was no blood. Dahan-dahan n'yang tinanggal ang balat ko kasabay nito ang pagkekwestyon ko sa sarili ko.

Because Maerie and I were both made out of metal.

"What..."

She showed me the anti-virus along with her unbreakable smirk. She pointed to the others as she snapped her fingers. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang nangyari, but my head rotated in 360 degrees. Dahan-dahan na bumukas ang mga batok nila kasabay nito ang pagpatak ng mga luha ko.

Bumungad sa 'kin ang maraming USB Port kung saan maaaring isaksak ang flash drive. Nang muli kong binaling ang paningin ko kay Maerie ay mayroon din siya. She pointed my nape, and smiled.

"Killing Darren was actually useful," She said.

"I still..."

"I was able to show you this," She muttered. Dahan-dahan niyang kinapa ang batok niya at sinaksak ang flash drive sa batok niya. I was baffled when nothing happened, "This was not meant for me,"

She held my hand, and gently put the flash drive into my palm. Hindi ko na alam kung ano na ba ang nangyayari, gulong-gulo na ang utak ko sa nangyayari ngayon. I shut my eyes, and calmed myself.

"I need to go," She said.

Maerie began to glitch, just like what happened to Darren earlier, "Trust my words, Scarlett. Once you die, everything will be back to normal..." she slowly disappeared in the thin air.

Bumaba ang tingin ko sa kutsilyo't pinutol ang mga circuit sa 'king katawan ngunit wala pa rin na nangyari. Maging ang pagputol ko sa isa kong kamay ay nagdulot lamang ng sakit ngunit hindi nito kinuha ang buhay ko.

If my life could give peace to everyone, then I should offer it wholeheartedly.

My eyes laid on my other hand kung nasaan ang flash drive. Agad kong kinapa ang batok ko't kinuha ang flash drive. I shut my eyes as I insert the flash drive into the port.

"Time to end this game..."

#