・Chapter 12・

(Photo from @Est_42 from twitter)

・・・

"P-Please! He went that way!" The two men are with their life on their two knees in the run-down cafe where Genko abandoned them. They bowed before the leader of the Phantom Troupe while his followers chased after the bastard man who took the soul of one of their precious Troupe members. "Do you know anything about Genko?" Chrollo Lucilfer simply asks with a stoic face. The two men look at each other and then back at Chrollo, "We have no idea! Please let us go! We won't share this with anybody!" But no matter how much the men plea, their fate has been set. Once you're involved, you're dead.

・・・

Back at their original location from the beginning, aka the abandoned hotel, the Phantom Troupe doesn't even dare to look at (y/n)'s soulless body. They were too ashamed. Ashamed to have Genko slip past them so easily and know they are left with a dear friend... a family member's soulless body. Uvogin was outside in a rampage, punching every building to let his anger out. The sunrise slowly lights up the crumbling city as his screams roars through it.

Pakunoda takes a knee right in front of (y/n)'s limp body which was slouching against the wall, holding her cheeks as the girl's blank eyes stare at her. Fei, the small, black cat she befriended and saved was curled up on her lap. Its tail move back and forth slowly, as its sad eyes try to find warmth in the girl's body. Pakunoda's thumb run over her soft cheeks, "We promise..." The troupe's face went stone cold as Pakunoda vowed a promise, "To get you back..." She finished. Feitan's eyebrow furrows together as he glares down the dark walls of the lobby. "Damn right we will..." His mind "accidentally" thought.

"Ha..." Pakunoda's eyes widen a little, "Ha...ku..." (Y/n)'s mouth moves just a little, a scratch of noise could be heard. Pakunoda turns around to the distressed thieves, "She's trying to communicate."

The Phantom Troupe member (including Uvogin who was informed) gathers around (y/n)'s body, leaning in, trying to hear what she is trying to say, but after an hour, when the sun has fully risen in the sky, they assumed she gave up or taking a break. They part away from her body, anxiety eating them up. The sun shines on (y/n)'s porcelain yet wearisome face. Her bland eyes finally had a bit of glow to it, but it wasn't the same positivity.

"Damn it! When I see that guy, I'm going to rip him into pieces!" Uvogin punches his hand together. "Calm down, we need to think of his next move," Franklin advises, looking over at Uvo's angered face. "How can I? He dared messed with us and he got away with it!" "Uvo," Chrollo calls his name sternly, making the giant calm down, leaning against the wall. His face was written with worry now, but Chrollo himself knew, that all his member's nerves were riled up. (Y/n)'s dull eyes watch the Phantom Troupe erupt into anger, anxiety, and distress.

"If only..." Machi says as she curls her hand with a regretting voice. "If I was fast enough, I could of..." Nobunaga mutters as he clenches onto the hilt of his katana. Pakunoda stares at (y/n)'s body with sad eyes. Fei's eyes gaze up at the woman in curiosity who is remembering the missed bullet yesterday night. Her cross arms hold each other tighter, "I'm so sorry." She whispers underneath her breath. Uvogin punches the ground, causing a crack to appear, "Damn it! Damn it!" The Troupe looks away. Could it possibly be the first time they felt like this? Perhaps... Feitan stares at his fellow members. He sighs and looks at (y/n). He sighs again, stepping forward.

"We'll find a way," Feitan speaks up with a low voice. "Do you guys expect (y/n) to give up too? Do you think she's moping? She's probably thinking someway to get back to us with that annoying focused look on her face." The image of her pops in his mind like an annoying fly, but he just can't shake it away. "We'll let him know to never take (y/n) away from us again." Feitan's eyes glint with passion. Fei meows as it got up from (y/n)'s lap. It was obvious that Fei also agrees with its fath- I mean Feitan. His small speech seems to reach to the heart of the Troupe as Shalnark chimes in, "You're right! If (y/n) isn't giving up then so are we." Shizuki and Machi nod their heads. Phinks's frown turns into a smile as he smirks at Feitan, "Just say you miss her." If this man has eyebrows it would probably annoy Feitain more. "Shut up." Feitan turns away, staring at (y/n)'s empty body.