15.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

        A loud commotion is heard coming from outside of the drop ship, Liv slowly pulling away from her brother and straining her hearing in an attempt to figure out what's going on. 

        "Something's happening," Liv breathed out, grabbing onto her brother's hand and leading him out of the drop ship along with her. Her heart was racing, terrified that the grounders have shown up the moment they lost all of their ammunition.

        "Hold your fire!" Miller shouted from his placed perched at the top of the wall. "It's Clarke and Finn! Open the gate!"

        Soon enough, campers were rushing to get it open, Liv making her way to the front of the crowd. She searched around for any site of Raven, Octavia, or Bellamy, unable to find them in the midst of the crowd. It was then when Bellamy made his way up behind Liv, the two watching as Clarke and Finn came running through the gates and back into the campsite.

        Rushing over toward Liv and Bellamy, Clarke cried out, "Hey, we heard an explosion. What happened?

        "Murphy happened," Bellamy stated, the explanation short and straight to the point. 

        Jasper was then wrapping his arms around Clarke, breathing out, "Thank God." She was a bit taken aback, quick to wrap her arms around the boy. "Where have you been." Then with a wide grin, Jasper questions, "Where's Monty?"

        Clarke's eyes widen in shock, asking in confusion, "Monty's gone?"

        "Clarke, we need to leave, now," Finn cut in, a panicked look etched onto his face. "All of us do. There's an army of grounders, unlike anything we've ever seen, coming for us right now. We need to pack what we can and run."

        "Like well he do," Bellamy snapped, a hard, firm gaze on Finn. "We knew this was coming."

        "Bell, we're not prepared," Octavia pointed out, everyone shooting Bellamy knowing looks. Their only option for survival at this point was to flee the scene once and for all. 

        "And they're not here yet," Bellamy countered, wanting nothing more than to stay and fight for this camp. "We still have time to get ready? Besides, where would we go? Where would we be safer than behind these walls?"

        "There's an ocean to the east," Finn began to explain, Liv wondering if it's possible that there are people inhabiting the area. Grounders are here, it isn't to far fetched of a thought to believe there are others out there somewhere. "People there will help us."

        "You saw Lincoln?" Octavia questioned, sounding as though she's heard of this place before. 

        "Yeah," Finn confirmed, a look of disbelief plastered on Bellamy's face.

        "You expect us to to trust a grounder?" Bellamy reiterated, unable to fathom the idea. Looking at all of the campers surrounding them, Bellamy continues, "This is our home now. We built this from nothing with our bare hands!" Pointing toward the gate, he shouts, "Our dead are buried behind that wall in this ground! Our ground!

        "The grounders think they can take that away? They think that because we came down from the sky, we don't belong here. But they have yet to realize one very important fact: We are on the ground now, and that means we are grounders!" Bellamy shouted, Liv watching him with a sense of pride with his words. He was right in every aspect, this was there home and they couldn't just leave it now.

        All around them, a chorus of 'yeah's erupted, many raising their guns up into the air.

        "Grounders with guns!" one shouted, Bellamy turning to face the direction of the voice.