Chapter Four

*A/N: I love the gif! "and these are smaller agents" - tony stark*

(P.S. Most of this chapter was revised at 3 AM, so it will probably be receiving some extra editing later. But the plot will remain the same.)

(Loki's pov)

There was an alarm. At two in the morning. This was not how Loki had imagined waking up. Nonetheless, he teleported himself to the meeting room, dressing in battle armor along the way. At best, he could get away with the defenestration of Stark, yet again.

"Stark, if this is another test run, I'm gonna-" Clint shouted as he entered, but was cut off, as he stared at the video in the center of the room. There was the girl, Y/N L/N, the one they've been tracking, standing in their elevator.

"What's going on Tony?" the Captain said.

"Well, we have ourselves an intruder. She was on her way to steal some cheek swabs until I stopped her. I mean seriously, there's better things to steal here than Q-tips." He joked, typing something on his 'tablet'.

"Do you actually know what she's here to steal?" Natasha asked, as she watched you with the others.

"Should we be considering how she even got in the tower?"

"We need to up our security. It should not be that easy to get in."

Loki watched the screen carefully. You didn't seem to be a burglar. Yet alone one that could escape the same mortals who defeated him a year ago.

Suddenly, the elevator jerked to a stop. You sigh, glancing around the room.

"Why did it stop?" Clint asked to the general audience.

"I stopped it. Now we have time to catch her again." Tony intervened. 

But before Tony could continue his plan, you leaned forward, and popped open a control panel. After you pushed a few buttons, the elevator started yet again. Tony stared, jaw-dropped, as well as the others.

Even Loki was impressed. You weren't a normal mortal. Not normal indeed.

You sat back up, leaning against the wall. You closed your eyes yet again. That was... strange. You almost seemed to be...

"Tony, exactly what floor is she going to?" Natasha asked, catching on.

"The medical center?"

Everyone suddenly had the same click.

"Someone get to the med floor. We need to keep her alive." The captain said, as most of them were already at the door. They wouldn't get there in time the doors opened. Only one thing might work.

Loki watched the screen as the doors opened, and you started to stumble out. But barely into your third step, you started tipping-

Before he even considered his actions, Loki teleported to catch you. He didn't know why. He just had to. It was his instinct.

You laid limp in his arms, your Y/E/C eyes staring up at him, as you slipped out of consciousness.

He had to do something. That much was sure. He quickly teleported to a healing ward, as the team finally caught up with him.

*

(Your Pov)

You finally came to, laying on a hospital bed. You were right, it was a hospital. Or, at least somewhere with a really good doctor. A great doctor, you noted, as you found that you had been completely healed; your hand as well. And recharged with power, as it seemed. Someone with a lot of energy helped you. But who? And more importantly, how long were you out for?