chapter eight

Harry was astonished. He was so shocked, he nearly forgot how to breathe. Because, Merlin, Draco Malfoy was a Veela!

"How come you didn't let me know before?" Harry asked.

Draco snorted. "I suppose it just never came up in the conversation, Potter."

"I thought only girls were Veela," Harry frowned. Malfoy rolled his eyes.

"Of course you did."

They continued their walk to the Headmistress' office, but Harry's mind was still burning with questions.

How long has Draco known he was a Veela? Which side had his inheritance come from? Was it both sides? Were the Malfoys a long line of Veelas all along? Would Draco get a mate? Who would it be?

He was so lost in thought, that he walked straight into a wall. Draco laughed at him. "We're here, Potter."

"I thought I was Harry?"

"Only when you've been good," Draco winked.

Harry blushed and said the password, and the gargoyles swung to the side, revealing the narrow staircase.

"Ah, boys," Professor McGonagall said as they entered her office. "I'm glad you chose to accept the offer to retrieve your memories, Harry."

Harry nodded slightly. Professor McGonagall took out a contract and gave it to Harry.

"Harry, you need to read through this carefully and decide if you are indeed alright with this," she said.

Before Harry could read the first word, Draco was taking it from him and reading through it hungrily.

"It says here that any damage you face won't be the schools's responsibility," his blonde friend told him after five minutes. "And that you accept that you made this decision of your own will."

Harry took a proffered quill from McGonagall and signed it, albeit a little messily.

Five minutes later, Pomfrey arrived with a Pain Reliever potion, which she told Harry to drink.

"It'll lessen the effects a little," she explained. "And any after-effects."

After downing it, Harry was sat in a chair in front of the Pensieve and watched apprehensively as Madame Pomfrey pointed her wand at him.

"It'll be better if you try to relax," Pomfrey added, noticing his tense state.

He squeezed his eyes tight shut and tried to relax his muscles. He then heard footsteps and felt a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm right here, Potter," Draco tried to reassure him. "It'll be over soon, alright?"

Harry nodded.

Legilimens!"

Harry screamed as he felt Pomfrey break inside his head and knock on the door to his memory, which his subconscious refused. His brain retaliated against her with all the strength it had, throwing her out.

It felt like it was taking hours, with Pomfrey living the spell every five minutes to give him a break, asking if he needed water.

But suddenly, something opened. It was... enlightening, to say the least. Harry's mind was filled with colour and memories, and he could hear Pomfrey grunting slightly as she extracted them and lowered them into the Pensieve. She collapsed against a desk and Harry opened his eyes to see her starch white face.

"Madame Pomfrey, are you alright?" he asked, bolting out his chair to go stand beside her. She nodded weakly.

"Thank you for being so brave, Harry," she said to the brunet. "And you, Draco."

Harry whirled around to see Draco was standing beside the chair with a pinched look of pain, looking as if was refraining from
screaming.

"Why did it hurt him?" Harry asked, guilt churning through his stomach.

"The bond between the two of you," McGonagall explained. "Whatever kind of pain you feel, Mr. Malfoy will feel too."

"Now if you two need a minute to calm down-"

Harry shook his head, cutting her off. "No, I'd like to see the memories now."

McGonagall nodded, gesturing towards the Pensieve. "They are there for you to look through the moment you wish. If you'd like, you can bring up Ron Weasley or Hermione Granger to go there with unless it becomes a little much."

Harry shook his head. "I think Draco will do fine."

Malfoy looked shocked, but nodded vigorously all the same. And together, they plunged into Harry's most horrific childhood memories.

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

"Please, stop!"

But he didn't. His uncle inflicted blow after blow on Harry's thin and weak body, and all but flinging him into his cupboard. Uncle Vernon laughed maliciously as he locked the door.

"That'll teach you a lesson, boy!" his uncle roared. Harry whimpered, leaning against his frail bed for support.

He could hear the rest of his family laughing by from the living room. His cousin was snorting with glee. Harry shrunk in on himself and mewled in pain at his bruises. The present Harry looked towards the other two to see their eyes widening at the horror they witnessed. Neither of them were paying him any attention. Their eyes were on the pitiful six year old that cried out for his mum.

Fast forward a year, and Harry was climbing up a tree to get to safety from Aunt Marge's dog. The branch snapped, and he fell. The dog mauled his leg, and Harry had to be taken to the hospital. They had to put down the dog, of course, but no one pressed charges against Aunt Marge herself for setting him loose on Harry in the first place.

Harry felt nauseous. He pulled his head up and looked in terror at Draco.

***
vote, comment and love lalalaalalalaala

also trump got fbi raided HA