chapter twenty-five

     Phoenix's eyes fluttered open as she let out a soft groan, rolling over into the body of Obi-Wan. He was flat out asleep next to her and when she blinked a few times, she realised that it was night. They hadn't been going for that long, she couldn't really remember when she fell asleep either. All she could remember was the pleasure and the happiness she felt. She had him and they had confessed their love for each other. It made her feel giddy, like a teenager. She still felt giddy.

     But she could feel the sweat sticking to her body after their session. A shower would be good but she quickly realised she had something to do. Pushing herself to sit up, she quickly felt the wet between her legs. Did they not clean up? A soft sigh escaped her lips before she slid off the bed. She pressed a kiss to Obi-Wan's sweaty forehead before she disappeared to the bathroom to get ready to go out and to clean herself up.

     It had been a long time since she'd had sex with anyone and enjoyed it as much as she enjoyed it with Obi-Wan. It was always something else with him, she didn't know if that was because of his Force or something else entirely but it was always more enjoyable. However, she wasn't going to allow herself to get distracted by the thoughts of him right now. She had a job to do. She had an assassin to catch and while he was distracted, she was going to get the job done.

     She walked out of the bathroom in some decent fighting clothes a few moments later. She was at least modest now rather than walking around naked. She glanced at Obi-Wan who seemed to still be sleeping peacefully. A smile appeared on her face as she admired him from afar. He had rolled over now. His face pressed into the pillow, his hair falling over his face. He looked peaceful, sleepy and completely adorable. Then she reminded herself of what she was doing and left the room.

     The house was quiet and she could hear her father in his study which meant she would probably be safe as long as she avoided the creaky steps. She didn't want any questions from her father who always seemed to want to make some sort of comment about how she conducted herself. Especially with the most recent events, she wouldn't surprised if he lectured her until Obi-Wan woke up. That would certainly ruin her plans.

     The second she was out of the house, she felt the relief flood over her chest. Pulling out her datapad, she ordered a taxi and checked the time. It was late evening which was the perfect time to try and draw the assassin out to get her. So when the hover-taxi appeared, she jumped in and asked to be taking to a sleazier bar in the inner city. If she was in a bad part of town, she was more likely to attract the assassins attention. She just hoped that the girl wasn't stupid enough to realise what Phoenix was trying.

     Watching the city buildings grow taller as they moved further through, her apprehension grew. She knew that this was probably a bad idea and it could only end in disaster but she was still determined to do it. It was the only way she could do this. It would mean that they could finally get the assassin. She could be free or she would be dead though that thought was quickly squashed. She was going to live through this. She could fight. She had nearly beat Obi-Wan in a duel. She was capable of handling herself and she had to prove herself. To her people, to Obi-Wan and she had to protect her position.