Chapter 51 - Emma

I jumped in the shower, hoping the heat of the water would ease my sore muscles—it didn't, but that was more because of the erratic way the water behaved. It turned from ice cold to too hot in a split second, and then it could be at a comfortable temperature for a couple of minutes before it changed again. It was frustrating and felt more like a torture device. I was always tense while I showered, trying to anticipate when it would change just so I could jump out of the way.

Was it wrong of me to already miss the guys and their homes, but mostly their bathroom? I mean, I wouldn't say no to something more, like maybe sex...but that had to be after I'd used their perfect temperature showers for an hour.

Yeah, it was no wonder this apartment was cheaper than most. I remembered how excited I was when I finally found something within my pay grade, until I actually saw for myself why I could afford it. But still, it was mine, and I was happy to have my own space.

Kevin called just as I stepped out of the bathroom. I'd texted him earlier, just to let him know I was okay.

With a towel around my body and another wrapped around my head, I pressed accept on my phone screen.

"You have a lot to answer to, missy," Kevin joked as soon as I answered. He tried to keep his face sober but failed miserably.

"Oh, what happened?" I played along.

"Were you just washing off all the sperm from yesterday?" he laughed.

"Nope, that happened last night." I loved to joke with him as much as he did me. "I'm just kidding. We didn't actually...you know."

"Have sex? Fuck? Riding that dick? Hide the sausa—"

"Okay, okay!" I laughed. "No, we didn't have sex. I don't know if they're waiting for something, but no, it didn't happen." Even I could hear the frustration in my voice, and Kevin sure as hell did.

"That sucks. So, what did you guys do?"

"After the meeting—which went great, by the way—they...um...spanked me and got me off several times." I was totally blushing again. Was there a medical condition for people who blushed more than average?

"Damn, how many times is several?"

"Eight," I admitted and took pride in the fact that I could shock Kevin. His eyes were as big as saucers.

"Eight?" he squealed. "No fucking way, how is that even possible? Never mind, I know how. But damn, that's seriously unfair. I want eight orgasms too."

I chuckled as he rambled on about how unfair it really was.

"How were they after? Did they treat you well? I can imagine that must've been tiering," he asked.

For real, I just about swooned thinking about how well Callan took care of me after. I could still remember how boneless I'd felt after what had happened. "They really did. Seriously, one of them bathed me after and made sure I was clean and relaxed. I'd never felt so...so—" cherished, but I didn't say that out loud.

"So?" Kevin prompted me.

"Well taken care of," I answered instead. Kevin wouldn't understand, or maybe he would, and he'd either advise me to stop seeing them or reel them in. I couldn't do either; we had a purely submissive/dominants relationship without intention for something more, and I couldn't fuck that up. Besides...they were looking for a slave.

Suddenly, my chest tightened with jealousy of the woman that would, in time, take my place and be what they needed. Because I couldn't, and that was the sad truth of it all. I just hoped I wouldn't end up broken when that time came—broken and addicted to men I could never truly have.

"That's great, Emma. I'm happy for you. I have to admit, I didn't call you just to hear how it went, even though I wanted to hear about that as well."

"What's the other reason?" I asked.

"Thomas and I have been talking, and he wanted me to meet his friends. I just figured since I'm meeting his, do you want to maybe...meet him? You're like my closest friend, and I—"

"Of course I want to," I cut off his rambling. "I've been dying to meet him, but I didn't know where you guys stood or if you were ready to introduce him to me yet."

"Really?" Kevin had the biggest smile on his face like I'd given him the moon as a gift.

"Really." I couldn't help but smile back.

"Great! How about we make a thing out of it? He can bring one of his friends, and I'll bring you, and we'll hit the town?" He was too excited about the prospect of it that I couldn't possibly turn him down.

"Sounds great. I just don't know when I have the time. This weekend is pretty full," I almost regretted saying it as soon as it was out of my mouth. Kevin's sad smile was always hard to take.

"Does it have to be at the weekend, though? It's summer, and we can drink water in between every drink, so we don't get a hangover. When are you free?"

I thought back to what Callan had said. "Wednesday," I answered.

"Yes! That will probably work, I'll talk to Thomas about it. See you tomorrow, girly," Kevin said.

"See you!"

After the call, I made myself something easy to eat and then brushed my teeth.

My phone rang once again as I was about to get ready for bed. It was ridiculously early still, but I needed all the energy I could get for work tomorrow and then going to Mateo's place afterward.

Someone is getting popular, I chuckled to myself as I accepted the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Gorgeous," Mateo said, and the sound of his voice washed over me like a soft caress. He had this calming quality in his voice, like Xanax, making me feel instantly relaxed.

"Hi. I heard you talked to my landlord about the broken lock?" No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't picture Mateo threatening anyone. Still, maybe that was because he was always so sweet around me. Well...always was a bit of a stretch. The way he'd been with me yesterday, that wasn't sweet—it had been hot and demanding. It was like he became a different person when he dominated me, but I liked that person just as much as the carefree one. I craved both versions of him.

"Did Callan fill you in?" He neither denied nor admitted to it. He's a smart one, that guy.

"He did. I'm not going to give you a hard time about it, though. I just wanted to thank you. Ever since I moved in, I've been trying to get my landlord to fix it. It seems like I just needed some help from a more persuading person."

"You're welcome, Gorgeous. I didn't like knowing you've been living like that, unsafe. I had to do something. Anyway, did Callan inform you that you'll stay at my place tomorrow?" he asked, and I could hear his smile as he talked.

"Yeah, do you have any plans for us?" Truth be told, I was dying to find out what would happen tomorrow.

"I figured I'll pick you up after work, and then we'll have some dinner. I've booked a table at this restaurant I love. We'll swing by your place first, so you can change."

"That sounds great. What about after? Do you have any plans for that?" I was too impatient for my own good. Whenever I looked forward to something, time couldn't pass fast enough.

"I do," Mateo chuckled like he knew precisely how eager I was. "I figured we should start your training tomorrow."