|| 054|| Shuba Shuba Shuba 🚑 O/F

Art by teshima nari on Danbooru

Kinda short

Oozora Subaru x !GN!Reader

Fluff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You hummed happily as the cool breeze blew across your face. Today was slightly sunny and warm with a cool breeze, so you had decided to go on a walk around the park, then you'd probably head over to the pond to feed your duck friends. You quickly checked that the bread you were going to sacrifice wasn't too squished by the rest of your shooping.

Seeing that it was fine, you set out on your way again. A part of you was also secretly hoping you'd see your crush down by the pond too. She usually hung around there, simply watching a feeding the ducks. In fact, she came by so often, all the ducks in the pond had come to know her so well that they would all swim up to her, letting her hand feed and pet them.

Why was your crush? You may be asking. Well, you looked at the title, but in case you didn't know, it was Oozora Subaru.

You felt your heart do a few little flips when you saw her squatting by the water, surrounded by her army of ducks. You chuckled at the sight, seeing that she no longer had any bread left.

You and Subaru were friens, though you didn't see each other that often, but you could always have a friendly conversation. Well, she could start it, but lately you had been way too smitten to pluck up the nerve to talk to her first. Plus her tomboy-ish look made you weak in the knees (pls don't judge me, I'm just trying to be gay for the duck).

Subaru saw you making your way down to the pond and she waved at you. You didn't notice straight away, but when you did you felt your face flush slightly and waved back. As you came closer to Subaru you slowed down, not wanting to scare the giant mass of ducks. Seeing this, Subaru stood up and shooed away the birds, though they didn't react, so Subaru ended up just having to wade through the sea of ducks who then waddled back into the pond.

"Hey, (Y/N). How are you?" The greeting was simple enough, but you still felt giddy just talking to her.

"I'm good, just thought I'd come down here to feed the ducks then I'd head home. Eh- how are you?" Subaru grinned at you, adjusting her cap somewhat.

"I'm good. Don't feed the ducks though, I just fed them half a loaf, they don't need any more" Her tone was playful as if she were talking about something bad a pet did like knocking a cup of somewhere high, but that she still loved anyway. Oh gosh that smile, you tried to discreetly stare at her a little longer.

"Oh! I think there's a new ice cream stall that opened up near the park entry. Since we're both heading in that direction, you wanna go together?" I took you a moment to realise that she was asking you a question, but when you did you happily nodded.

You and Subaru happily talked back and forth about several different topics, but the part that stood out to you the most was when Subaru reached out and gently held your free hand. You proceeded to have a mini freakout because you couldn't believe you were h*lding h*nds with your crush. Your grip on your shopping bag tightened.

You felt a rush of disappointment when the ice cream stand came into view. You didn't really want your time with Subaru to end so quickly, but there was always next time.

You went with (ice cream flavour) while Subaru went with mint choc chip. You got yours before Subaru's, so you stepped back slightly so she wouldn't bump into you whe she went to get hers. When Subaru turned away from the person serving the ice cream, they gave you a friendly wink before motioning to Subaru. Shit, is it that obvious? Was the first thing you thought after that.

Before you and Subaru went your seperate ways, she placed a hand on your shoulder to stop you. She chuckled and wiped a smudge of ice cream off of your face.

"You're terrible at hiding your feelings" Was all she said before giving you a kiss on the cheek. She winked at you and went on her way home. Meanwhile, with you being the hopeless romantic you are, simply touched the spot where she had kissed you.

Wait- shit I don't have her number!

——————————————————————————
Guys please help. I have Subaru's cover of Daddy Daddy Do stuck in my head what do I do? It won't leave and it's all I hear.

Please send help