Two rejections and one promise

"I can do this." Korra said while looking at herself in the mirror. Her eyebrows were furrowed together in determination and her fists were clenched. Today was date three, and Korra was starting to get jitters. What if I ruin it all? What if I fuck up? What if she doesn't want anything to do with me by the end of the day?

Okay, she was being stupid.

Unlike the two other dates, Korra knew for a fact that the two of them were now in a good place. Ever since the incident with the police, Asami seemed to put more trust into Korra. Displays of affection in a public place like school were allowed and encouraged by the pale girl, and yes, it meant that she was sitting with Asami at lunch time again. They were texting so often that Korra's parents were getting a little mad at times, and they also face timed a lot. Meaning, the two were close again, really, really close.

Korra was undoubtedly in love. 

So, today was date three, and the plan was simple and hadn't really changed since what she planned with Naga; a night in. Korra kicked her parents out for today, and they were happy to oblige actually. Something about having a date night too? Anyways, she was up in the kitchen all day cooking. She went all out, making noodles, dessert, snacks for the movie, cocktails... (she'll get Asami a cab, it's fine.) Korra wanted the perfect date night for her girl (unofficially), and she wanted to show Asami that she wasn't just a pretty face, she was girlfriend material too.

She also cleaned herself up, wearing black ripped jeans that really showed off her ass and a white button up with sleeves rolled up to her elbows and a more than the appropriate amount of buttons popped open. It was a simple look, but she thought it made her look more mature and serious as opposed to just wearing sleeveless shirts.

Also, she wore a little bit of makeup. She was hoping to put on eyeliner but she couldn't for the life of her figure that shit out, so she settled for mascara and shrugged. It was a miracle she had these anyway. 

"I can do this." She repeated, trying to convince herself to be confident, but it wasn't helping. Korra was a cocky, confident person. At first, initiating a conversation with Asami wasn't hard, it was quite easy. She was flirting, initiating meetups, making jokes. But now? Now she cared, she cared a lot. Korra, even if she didn't deserve it, had gotten a second chance with the woman she loved, but what if she wasn't good enough? Actually, she knew for a fact she wasn't good enough, the question was whether or not Asami knows that.

No. Stop. She shook herself. I'm not going to be an insecure mess, and I'm not going to let guilt fuck up my possible future with Asami. I did her wrong, and now I'm making it right. No more secrets, no nothing. She'll find it in her heart to forgive me, she has to.

"I can do this."

Oh god I can't do this.

"I can do this."

I'm gonna fuck up! Asami's gonna hate me!

"I can do this!"

A knock on the door.

Korra inhaled deeply, trying to calm down her nerves. Asami and her were already a thing, sort of, unofficially. She's got this, she can do this.

She went to the front door with the most confident grin she could manage. The moment Asami's perfume hit her nose, and Asami's smile reached her eyes, Korra's brain short circuited. She was fucking beautiful. She wore a purple dress that matched her eyeshadow, it was short and tight, showing off her curves and overall perfect body. Her hair was up in a bun, which gave Korra a perfect view of Asami's long, very kissable neck. Korra was feeling very dysfunctional at the moment, unable to find her voice and as a result was just staring at Asami wide eyed, probably drooling. She was just so damn gorgeous, how could Korra be this lucky?