Chapter 11

"Directly I'll come to the point... we'll get married only for one year"

"What... what the hell you are talking"

"Neither I am interested in you nor in this marriage"

"But Baba told me that you are ready for this marriage"

"Ha .. I am ready for this marriage only because I want that property which belongs to your so called Baba's friend...once I get the legal rights of that plot then everything will be done according to me... just because of that stupid condition put by that person I am marrying you .. because this is only way to get my legal rights on that plot..... after one year we'll get divorced  ...I'll take the complete blame on me .. I'll never let your image and reputation get spoilt because of all this...don't you worry about your future... it will be completely secured by me ...I'll give you whatever you want and whatever you ask... house money everything..if you wanna get settled somewhere else I mean abroad or any other city I'll arrange  for that too... it will be my responsibility that you will lead a luxurious life ...in spite of all this you will get a huge amount of alimony from me.... after getting divorced you will be a free bird ...you can marry your boyfriend or whomever you want.. I will bear all the expenses of your marriage too...so this is my offer to you... if you are ready for all this we'll sign a contract"

I picked up the glass of water from the table and gulped it.

"I am ready for all this..but I have one condition"

"What is it??"

"First of all let me clarify one thing to you...I don't want anything from you after the divorce...keep your house... your money...your huge alimony everything with you... you don't need to bother about my personal life...my nonexisting  boyfriend and my marriage expenses.. I am not the one who depends on others to lead a luxurious life... I am capable of leading a happy life instead of a luxurious life on my own.. there's no need of you to secure my future.. I can secure my future on my own capability.. thank-you for your concern .."

I took a pause and continued

" And about the condition...you will not let my Maa Baba know about this contract"

"Done.. do you have anymore doubts regarding this contract??"

"You are such a successful businessman...if you wish you can buy  many more properties like that plot ..but why you are so possessive about that particular one...you are ready to marry someone... someone you are not even interested in "

"It's non of your business" he said raising one of his eyebrow

"I have a doubt"

"What??"

"Why you are ready to marry me.. what's your reason or motive behind this ??"

"It's non of your business too" I replied in the same way as he did .. raising my  both eyebrows

"Fine.. I'll ask my lawyer to make the contract papers"

"There's no need of all this... after one year I'll  leave your house and get separated from you  even if you want me to stay... you can trust me on my words"

"As I said I am not at all interested in you..so there's no chance that I would ever  ask you to stay with me... I'll go far away from you even if you want to stay with me... that's my promise..and I never break my promise."

We both were just staring at each other.

"Your coffee Sir" the waiter said placing the coffee on the table

We both sat and started having our coffee.

" Then I'll inform Dada"

I nodded a yes