chapter five

chapter five: the rescue pt

chapter five: the rescue pt. 2

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Once they had loaded us onto the small, open transports, Lando snuck on board, "confiscating" my lightsabers. "Lando," I whispered, "give them to Artoo. He will know what to do with them." If he had any reservations about my order, he didn't have time to argue as he noticed Artoo rolling towards Jabba's sail barge.

With a sudden jolt, the transport took off. We raced over the sand dunes across from Jabba's extravagant sail barge. Although neither Han or I could see the inside of the barge, we could hear the lively music and the occasional fit of laughter. Han attempted a joke to ease his mind, "I think my eyesight's getting better. Instead of a dark blob, I see a light one."

I shrugged, "There's not much to see. It's Tatooine after all."

"Too bad we're gonna die here without any decent scenery," he replied half-heartedly.

"Han Solo, you've known me for years, yet you still doubt me. Whenever do I go into something without a plan?"

He responded by just giving me a look. I could already tell what he was thinking, Literally all the time. You're possibly as reckless as I am.

"Okay, I get it. Still, just trust me. I've got it all under control," I smirked.

"Oh that makes me feel better," he said sarcastically.

The transport jolted, suddenly stopping directly above the Sarlaac pit. A plank emerged from the side of the transport as I was pushed towards it. I looked down into the pit. That is definitely one ugly Sarlacc. Han was right about not wanting to take this way out of existence.

I glanced up as Threepio began translating Jabba the Hutt's every word, "Victims of the almighty Sarlacc. His Excellency hopes that you die honorably. But should any of you wish to beg for mercy, the great Jabba the Hutt will now listen to your pleas."

Before I could speak up, Han shouted, "Threepio, you tell that slimy piece of worm-ridden filth he'll get no such pleasure from us." He panicked, nervously looking to me, "Right?"

Up on the barge's balcony, I saw Artoo getting into position and said, "Jabba, this is your last chance. Free us or die."

The whole barge erupted with laughter at my statement. Jabba spoke into his microphone, "Move her into position." Once the order was made, I was poked and prodded over to the flimsy plank. I walked to the edge. Why not give them a show?

I searched the barge for Artoo and glanced back at Lando and nodded. Here goes nothing. I gave Artoo a salute, then dramatically stepped off of the plank. Immediately, I twisted around and grabbed on, using the plank as a spring board, projecting myself into a flip, and landing just in time to catch both of my sabers that Artoo had launched into the air.

The while crowd cried in outrage, I used my dual sabers to take down Jabba's men. When I cleared off our transport, I freed Han and Chewie of their restraints.

All of the sudden, a blast from the sail barge rocked the transport, causing Lando to fall over the side. While Han and Chewie helped him, I leapt from one transport to another, deflecting their blasts, while skillfully knocking each guard into the Sarlacc pit below. I was soon joined by the infamous Boba Fett as the fight continued. I was able to get a good strike to his side before a wrist rocket came straight at me. In the nick of time, I was able to deflect it, but while I was distracted, he wrapped me in a long wire, ensuring that I couldn't move as hard as I tried.

Miraculously, I managed cut the wire with my sabers, as Han ran into the bounty hunter by pure accident. The accident proved fatal as Fett's jet pack malfunctioned, and the Mandalorian was sent tumbling into the Sarlacc pit like so many others had before him.

As I seemingly put out one fire, another one sparked as I noticed the barge was now fully weaponized. The main gun on the top deck was pointed on the transport that Han and Chewie were on, trying to save Lando from becoming another one of the Sarlacc's snacks.

I leapt onto the barge, falling just short of the deck. Fortunately for me, the windows on the barge made it easier to climb to the top. Once I reached the deck, the frenzy began. I started clearing the area of attackers when Leia joined the fray from below. At the sight of a pirate trying to operate the large turrent, I pointed to the weapon and yelled, "Point it at the deck." She immediately rushed over, turning the gun on the sail barge, while I took down the last of Jabba's men. I looked for a way off, noticing a long rope dangling from the barge's large sail. Leia saw it as well and gave me a brief nod. Together, we swung down front the barge to where Lando, Han, and Chewie were all recovered and waiting for us. I sighed in relief, "Let's get out of here, but remember to get Artoo and Threepio."

Lando steered the transport over to where R2D2 and C3PO were face down in the sand. Using the magnet attached to the bottom of the transport, Lando lifted them from the sand, and we sped off towards the Falcon. I smiled at each of the others. We did it. I glanced back out over the sand, pointing to where I left the Falcon this morning.

The explosion of the sail barge behind us made me grin. Since Han and I had began working together as smuggling partners, we had wanted to see Jabba's demise. Little did we know that it would be our own doing. My first encounter with the Hutt had given me my pseudonym surname, Solo. After a couple runs together, Han had stuck his neck out for me to save me from being another one of the Hutt's "dancers", claiming me as his little sister, a cover we still used within the Rebellion.

I turned to ask Han if he was ready to see his pride and joy once again, but I saw Han and Leia in an embrace. It was hard to tell, but I thought she was crying. The sight made me think of Luke and I. Instantly, I shook the thought from my mind. It's just because he should be here with us, that's all.