Chapter 6

Harry's POV

I felt the pain pulsating through my head as my eyes fluttered open. I pressed my frigid hand against my head to try to sooth my headache.

I walked to the common room to see Mavis sitting in one of the uncomfortable wire chairs. Her hair was put up in one of those messy buns which complimented her slender face.

Her eyes glanced toward me quickly and a smile appeared on her face.

"Hello Harry," she said softly.

Her voice is so soft and angelic it seems like something I would fall asleep too.

"Hey Mavis," I stated.

"Can we play cards Harry?" she asked.

"Sure what game?"

"Uno, that's all I have," she sighed.

"Uno it is then," I replied.

I started by putting  down a #2 blue  card since I had almost all just blue cards. Mavis sighed and drew a card which was a green.

I'm guessing that she doesn't have very many blue cards.

She drew again and smiled as I placed another blue card down. Eventually, I had two blue cards left and Mavis still had a fistful of them.

Mavis watched my hand anxiously to await my next play.  I slammed the card down and yelled "Uno."

"Dammit Harry," she cursed.

Every round it seemed like the more she would open up and laugh.

As she finally put down a blue I realized I only had one red card.

Her eyes stared at my single card but the only movement was me drawing a card.

She sighed in relief and smirked at her good fortune.

She called the wild card which was for yellow.

"Come on," I joked.

Mavis discarded a yellow card which meant she had two left.

Her face lit up in a grin as she saw me draw a blue card.

"Uno," she yelled as he got rid of her yellow card.

Of course I had to draw again which basically gave away the game.

Mavis slammed down her last yellow  card and smiled at me.

As the game ended a young man with oily black hair and piercing grey eyes was staring at Mavis. I ignored it but it still bothered me as I got up out of my chair.

"Stay Safe Mavis," I advised as I glanced one last look at her.
Mavis' POV

I felt like someone was watching me as my guard led me back to my cell. Harry's words echoed in my head because it was true. This place was dangerous. People up to 22 were here and some of them were insane even if they were young. Of course there were horny teenage boys that would always be pricks to girls.

As I was thinking  I heard a click coming from my lock. The locks are opened by keys or electronically by these supposed panels placed around the building. I tried the lock and it clicked open. I stepped out and ran down the hall as fast as I could. People were escaping their cells rapidly and there was no way I was going to get hurt.

As I ran down Hall E which was where my cell was located I felt someone watching me. I bolted across the building to another hallway which was Hall D. The suspense built up as the time increased. Suddenly a loud ass siren blared in my ears as I kept running. Over the alarm a voice whispered in my ears.

"Come Mavis Come," the voice whispered. As the voice got increasingly louder the more lost I got. A man pushed me to the nearby wall making his face a foot away from me.

Daniel. It was Daniel. I was so disgusted I tried to wiggle away but his grasp was to strong. His grasp tightened on my wrists making them sore.

"Honey you can't win," he whispered making my spine shiver.

His voice was cold just like his heart. He started to touch my body but I backed away. His face tensed up and I could tell his anger level was dangerously high.

"Fine then. If you won't do this then you'll just be locked in the Madhouse," he cackled as he forcefully pushed me into another narrow room.  The door slammed and latched as I fell onto the hard cement. A few other footsteps appeared from outside the door. A tall guy glanced at the door with sorrow. This time it was Harry. Daniel sprinted when his gaze met Harry's but Harry snatched his small body before he could escape. Daniel wasn't a small man but compared to Harry he was short.

Harry punched Daniel repeatedly which caused his head to fall back. He had passed out.

Another figure appeared which made my stomach drop. Mrs. Brunswick was here to ruin it.

"So Harry..." she stated.

"What do we have here? " she laughed.

"Your poor little girl is locked up and you can't save her. Now she's stuck in The Madhouse. There's no way she'll get out alive," she laughed.

Harry's gaze met mine in disappointment as Mrs.  Brunswick mumbled on.

"Now for you. A punishment shall be decided later," she cackled as she walked away in victory.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my back. "Hello Mavis," it cooed.

A girl with stringy brown hair looked up to see me.

"We've been expecting you... " the voice whispered making my palms go sweaty.