chapter 31

"Who were they?" Steve asked. My breathing was back to normal and the pain was almost gone.

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum" Bucky said.

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asked.

"Worse" I say.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve asked.

"Enough" Bucky said.

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall" Steve said, looking down then at me.

"With these guys, he could do it" Bucky said.

"They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight... Infiltrate, assassinate, destabilise. They can take a whole country down in one night, you'd never see them coming" I say. Sam and Bucky gave me a look "Basically, I came here in a portal and before I came here I knew what was going to happen because in the other universe, this universe was a series of movies"

"Oh, well, do I have a movie?" Sam asked.

"No, and Bucky you didn't have one either. Sorry. But the both of you will have a series together" I say and Sam gives me a look

"This would have been a whole lot easier a week ago" that's all I hear as I was comforting Bucky. I already knew the rest of the conversation so I didn't bother. Bucky looked at me and smiled.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.

"I'm fine, how are you?" I asked, putting a hand on his cheek.

"I'm okay too" he said and smiled again. I blushed a bit and leaned forward, kissing him sweetly. He returned the kiss and I heard Sam.

"Could you do that in private" I pulled back and gave Sam a look.

"Maybe if your girlfriend went through what Bucky had, then you'd understand. Right now, that doesn't look like it's gonna happen" I say and kiss Bucky one last time before we leave.

~~~~~

"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car" Sharon said.

"It's low profile" Steve said, walking towards her. Sharon was walking towards the back of her car.

"Good, because this stuff tends to draw a crowd" Sharon said, opening the trunk of her car.

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky asked Sam.

"No" Sam said and there was an awkward silence.

"You can come here, there's room" I said and looked at Bucky.

Sharon looked towards us. Bucky smiled at me and moved closer to me so I could feel his body warmth. I look up and see Steve and Sharon kissing. I sigh and roll my eyes. I look forward and think for a second, my breathing becoming uneven.

"Hey, what's wrong"

"I need to get out of this car" I say and fumble around, trying to get out of the car. When I do, I walk away from the car and try to breath normally. Bucky comes to me and puts his hands on my waist.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong?" he asked me and I looked at his eyes.

"I just realised that I have to fight my dad. I can't bring myself to fight him, not after everything I've been through"

"It's gonna be okay. If you don't wanna fight him, then don't. Just be there for me. That's all you gotta do. Okay?" Bucky asked.

"Okay" I say and kiss him passionately. He kissed me back and we walked back to the car, our hands intertwined. Sharon walked away and Sam and Bucky smirked at Steve and I rolled my eyes again. Steve looked at them and gave them a look.