√ FIVE √

Gloria shook her head as she turned to Ike and Chidima.

"I still find it hard to believe that Mr Lade is our Mathematics teacher for this term. That man annoys me like hell" Gloria said as Ike laughed and folded her arms.

"Mr Lade is actually nice. I don't know what's up with you and him" Chidima said and Ike laughed again.

Mr Lade had once taught them during extra lessons and for no reason at all he kept asking Gloria to answer all the questions and the next class Gloria kept bombarding him with questions that weren't even in our syllabus.

Such a behavior was sure weird between a teacher and a student but Mr Lade was a Christian and also had a wife. He was strict but nice and definitely didn't have immoral feelings towards Gloria.

And Gloria? Mr Lade wasn't her type at all. She was that type of girl with standards. She was brilliant and intelligent enough so she didn't need to have any relationship with any teacher and of all teachers; Mr Lade.

It was normal for anyone who saw Gloria to have side thoughts about her. Gloria was blessed, you name it. A pretty face? Curves? Boobs? Curves? Every damn one; Gloria had it all.

Out of the trio; she attracted the most attention. Everyone wanted to be her friend, moreover she was brilliant.

"What do you mean?" Gloria asked Chidima with an eyebrow raised.

"Don't get so worked up" Ike said as they heard rhe bell for break. Most times they didn't have classes on resumption days and the girls stood up and joined other students as they walked out of the class.

As the name implied; the students were in a lot of sense treated like Princes and Princesses. Their cafeteria was more like a mini shop rite with all kinds of foods and snacks to choose from.

There was also an open forum for the students to give their opinion and tell the school what they want. Teachers cannot lay their hands on any of the students.

It was the ultimate rule. Any teacher who broke the rule had been sacked without reservations. For whatever reason, no teacher is allowed to beat a students and so the teacher retorted to words insults.

Ike hummed a tune of Drake's song as she walked towards the ice cream area and was surprised to see that the ice cream would soon finish.

Just when did the students of De Royals start to take ice cream so bad?

As she walked towards her table, Ike raised her eyebrow as she walked past a table with almost everyone of them carrying ice creams.

"Why is all of them carrying ice cream?" Ike asked as she sat down and munched into her meatpie.

"I heard Grace did her birthday during the holidays. She's celebrating it for her classmates. So she bought bowls of ice cream and meatpies for her classmates and some of her other friends from other classes" Chidima replied as she leaned back against her seat. 

"Ohh" Ike said as she dug her spoon into her ice cream and took a spoon.

"I wonder what medicine you use that you've not lost all your teeth to ice cream" Gloria said and Ike smiled without a word.

"She must have supernatural powers" Chidima joked and they both burst into laughter while Ike's smile increased.

She scooped another huge spoon of ice cream into her mouth as she glanced at Gloria and Chidima.

What would they do when they realize or find out why she had been taking ice cream so badly?

She took another bite of her meat pie and wore a smile. She looked around as she looked at her getting empty ice cream bowl.

She finished it and stood up to get a bottle of water. She walked towards the large showcase fridges and grabbed a bottle of water. She closed the door and slammed into someone.

She quickly took a few steps backwards and her eyes widened in surprise and she was yet to say sorry when the figure walked away in light steps.

Ike pursed her lips before she quickly piad for the bottle of water and returned to her table.

"Hello girls" someone greeted flashing them a huge smile the moment Ike sat down.

"Mr Ikan, how are you doing?" Gloria asked playfully as the guy laughed and sat down beside her.

"Ike what's up nah?" He greeted as he stretched hos hand towards Ike for an handshake. Ike smiled as she took his hand shake.

"Eiiiiii, you even gotten finer during the holidays. You never post your pictures so I didn't realize until now" he said and Ike laughed as she shook her head at him.

"Gbogo, you aren't serious" Ike replied as she leaned back in the bench and unscrewed her bottle of water.

Ikan Gbogofooluwa. One of the few people that never made Ike to smile genuinely. He was funny and flirty but never passed his boundaries.

"Chi Chi how was your trip?" Gbogo asked as Chidima nodded.

"It was really nice. You didn't travel?" Chidima asked as Gbogo shook his head.

"No. Although my mom and my elder sister went somewhere" Gbogo replied as Chidima nodded.

"Hey, will you be my Christmas partner for the Christmas dance?" Gbogo asked his brown eyes boring into Ike who's eyes widened before she burst into laughter.

"How many girls have you asked that question Gbogo? I mean the Christmas dance is about three months away. Isn't too early to ask?" Ike asked laughing as she folded her arms.

"Don't tell me you are trying to do something like the early bird catches the worm" Gloria said as she sipped her slightly huge hollandia while Gbogo rose to his feet and chuckled as he turned to the girls.

"Stop asking me questions and just answer my question" Gbogo replied as Ike squinted her eyes before wearing a full ledged smile.

"Sure"

GBOGO IS A NICE GUY BUT ONLY HAS TWO SCENES, THAT'S HILARIOUS THOUGH. SO IKE'S BEWT FRIEND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IKE'S PREDICAMENT.

IN SUMARRY, SHE HAS TO CARRY THAT BURDEN ALL ALONE, I MEAN; I FEEL SO MUCH FOR HER ALREADY.

KNOWING YOU WOULD SOON DIE, ISN'T SOMETHING I WANY TO HAPPEN TO ANUONE, MY ENEMIES SEF BUT THEN, LIFE NEVER GIVES US WHAT WE WANT.