(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑) gryffindor party

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA STARED DOWN AT HER SUITCASE wondering why she suddenly felt as though she had nothing to wear to this party. That wasn't entirely the case, she'd been to many Gryffindor parties and worn many of the outfits squashed into her bag however in this moment none of them seemed quite right.

"Are you ready?" Tessa asked as she walked out of the bathroom looking pretty wearing orange flares and a blue flowy top. Her long brown hair had been tied up into a high ponytail that swished carelessly around her.

"Why aren't you ready?" The brunette frowned as she walked over, her clunky shoes making a rather loud sound against the floor, "it's quarter to seven"

"Can't decided what to wear" Rena sighed, "first party of the year you know?"

"Exactly so if you don't like the outfit you wear this time, you can wear a better one next time" Tessa smiled, "I'll be waiting downstairs with Tommy but don't take too long, we need you to get us into the party remember"

Athena nodded in agreement as she stared back to the colourful jumble of clothes lining her bag.

Eventually the girl decided that Tessa was right, it didn't even matter what she wore. Who was she trying to impress anyway? Athena settled with her favourite bright coloured jumper and a tight skirt paired with some boots that didn't quite match up to Dorcas' standards.

She rushed down the long winding staircase into the Ravenclaw common room looking around to see where her friends had gone. The Ravenclaw common room was the best one in the school (though Athena may have a bias opinion). It was blue themed with towered walls of books and two huge windows that looked out over the surrounding hills.

The twins were sat one one of the velvet arm chairs laughing to one another as Athena approached,

"There you are!" Tessa grinned jumped up in excitement, "gosh I do love a good Gryffindor party".

It was true that Gryffindor house threw the best parties imaginable, other houses tried to compete but none of them even came close.

"You look great" Tommy smiled as the three of them made their way to the door,

"Course she does" Tessa laughed, "you always look great Rena"

"Thanks Tessie" Athena smiled in response, "must get it from you"

The trio prayed that they wouldn't come into contact with any teachers as they snuck out of the west wing and down one of the changing stone staircases.

Athena mad made her way to the Gryffindor common room so many times that she wouldn't even have to have her eyes open in order to lead them there.

As they rounded the final corner Rena spotted Dorcas standing with her arms crossed outside the portrait of the Fat Lady (more politely known as Elizabeth). She was leant against the wall looking as though she'd just stepped out of a fashion catalogue in her stunning blue tie dress.