(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓) the hospital wing

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"Remy?"

"Yeah Rena?"

"Promise we won't lie to each other... promise we won't keep secrets"

The young boy looked up at his friend with a glimmer of confusion hidden behind his eyes. She way she smiled at him reminded him of a time when he could have made that promise indefinitely even if he couldn't remember much before it all happened.

"Promise?" The young boy asked as the girl nodded at him,

"Promise" she smiled,

The two children connected their smallest fingers in a bond that should never be broken and in that moment Remus promised himself that whatever happened in their future, he would never tell her another lie again. Unfortunately life didn't play out so easily.

All Athena could think of as she woke up was how much her head hurt. She had her eyes closed softly and although she didn't deeply question it, the girl was sure that she must be in her common room as in this moment she had no reason not to be.

There was a muted headache playing in her mind, it was collected at the forefront of her head, lightly drumming on her skull like a creature longing to get out.

The next thing the girl noticed was a dull pain in her arm, she couldn't quite work out what it was but it ached and burned. Athena didn't want to open her eyes, she was more comfortable than she'd been in a while. If her headache just left she could slip back to sleep.

However although her body longed to sleep, her mind was awake. Thoughts circled her brain. Curiosity allowed her to question why her arm hurt, it caused her to question why her memory seemed oddly hazy. She couldn't even remember falling asleep.

Due to this growing curiosity the girl opened her eyes expecting to see the dark blue underside of her bedroom drapes but instead she was greeted by a tall stone ceiling and white sheets.

The hospital wing wasn't a room she'd visited a lot however she recognised it immediately. She hoped this would explain the pain in her arm as she blinked a few times until her eyes became accustomed to the light.

Although her memory was slower than her mind, Athena faintly remembered that she'd just been dreaming. The faint image of her and Remus creating the promise that would forever haunt Athena's nightmares came back to her.

At the time that promise had lifted a weight of her shoulder, it had confirmed to her that Remus was her best friend and nothing could change that. It had confirmed that nothing would break them apart, to Athena they were invincible.