(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟔) rosemary cottage

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

IT DIDN'T TAKE AN IDIOT TO SEE THAT REMUS WAS NOT HIMSELF, he'd been avoiding everyone for the past fortnight and no one (except probably the marauders) could get a word out of him.

Athena assumed that this must be her fault, after all this was all only happening because she'd been stupid enough to follow the boys down to the whomping willow. However blaming herself didn't make any of it easier so the girl wasn't quite sure why she felt the need to do it.

The Easter holidays were fast approaching and Athena made the decision to go home. A lot of the time she didn't, the marauders pulled some excellent pranks in the holidays that Rena usually wouldn't want to miss but she found herself not caring as much anymore.

Turns out a lot of people had made the same decision as her. Maybe it was because the group seemed rather empty, as though everyone was skating around the problem. Even the marauders had lost their flair but that's probably because they were worried about Remus.

The girls of course were very confused, especially Mary. Remus had avoided his girlfriend just like everyone else. She (and the other three girls) had no idea what was actually going on which led to Mary panicking about Remus breaking up with her at least five times a day.

Athena had tried to corner Remus countless times, since she saw herself as the starting point she believed that she owed it to the group to sort everything out. Despite her attempts it seemed that Remus was an impossible case, he avoided her at all times and it seemed they were never alone.

Remus' birthday passed without celebration which was weird considering the group were usually well resound for throwing the best parties. To be fair Remus was never a lover of birthdays, he didn't see the need to celebrate and he usually went through with it for the sake of the group.

There had been a Hogsmede trip the week before his birthday but Athena had decided against getting him anything because she was sure that even if she did, he probably wouldn't take it.

Her birthday fell the day after his and unfortunately she wasn't allowed to decline a party. The group were so starved for some kind of celebration that they didn't care whether Rena wanted it or not, turns out she was less intimidating that Remus.

Remus didn't show up, Sirius told everyone he was ill though he was sure none of them believed him.

Athena knew he was sulking in the dorms.

As time went on and Remus became more and more unbearable, the girl began to lose a lot of this anxiety and self hatred and replace it with anger.