(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕) predictions

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

SIRIUS STAYED BY RENAS SIDE UNTIL SHE TOLD HIM THE FULL STORY, she couldn't stop the tears flooding from her eyes as she did so. After all she'd never actually told the story to anyone. Everyone who knew about it was present when it had happened. Apart from that the girl had been sworn to secrecy.

For a moment Sirius didn't quite know what to say. She lay against his shoulder dripping tears down into his robes, not that he cared.

"I ... I'm sorry" was all he could muster as he ran a hand through her hair, "I'm sorry you had to keep that a secret"

"I'm not sure" she sniffed, "I think I felt better before I told you"

"I'm not saying don't blame yourself" Sirius sighed, "what you did was reckless but you were only young, you shouldn't be as hard on yourself as you are"

"If I hadn't" she sobbed, "if I'd listened"

"If is a terrible word" Sirius cut her off shortly, "yes people make mistakes and unfortunately yours had... really shit consequences but, there's nothing you can do about it now"

"Would you say that to a murderer?"

"Rena you are not a murderer"

"I killed him didn't I" she called out loudly, "he'd be alive if it wasn't for me"

Sirius paused, his throat burning as he thought of words to say,

"You had no malicious intent, you were a child trying to have some fun... no one could call that murder"

"I could" Athena snapped, "my parents could"

"Rena your parents obviously don't still blame you" he shushed her, "I read that letter, they love you"

"Because they have to love me"

"That's not true" Sirius shook his head, "if parents have to love their kids then my parents are doing a really shit job at it"

"My sister told me not to tell anyone" Athena continued, "I wanted to tell you... I came to tell you the other night but... well that's when I saw you sneaking off the first time"

"I'm sorry" he sighed again, "I don't see you any differently Rena, you understand what you did wrong and you took responsibility for that... you can't condemn yourself with a mistake"

"My sister blames herself" Athena sobbed, "she's always blamed herself... which just makes it worse because it could never be her fault"