(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟖) out of luck

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE TRAIN JOURNEY DOWN TO LONDON HAD BEEN ALRIGHT. They'd squeezed into one carriage as usual which was even easier now they didn't have to make Peter sit on the floor.

Dorcas and Marlene kept the group alive by telling them all of their amazing plans for Paris.

Remus kept his eyes glued to the window while his hand remained firmly in Mary's grasp who seemed to be scared that he was going to avoid everyone again. Of course he was still avoiding Athena but that much was to be expected.

Athena always hated how long the train journeys were. She always got a bit travel sick which meant by the end her head was burning with the tickle of a headache and her stomach was feeling rather nauseous but at any annoying level with meant she couldn't claim illness.

The platform, was filled as usual with parents waiting to collect their kids. Athena spotted Mr and Mrs Potter right away and gave them a cheerful wave which they returned before greeting James who strode over.

Marlene and Dorcas left soon after that shortly followed by Lily who had spotted her parents standing next to a horrified and snobby looking girl that Athena presumed to be her sister.

Mary dashed off after seeing her dad standing by the trolleys which left Athena, Remus and Sirius gazing around for their own parents.

"Ah there's my darling mother" Sirius sighed looking over to a women who looked like evil incarnate. Her hair was tied back into a tight black bun, she wore black robes of lace and carried with her a cane with an ornate golden serpent carved into it.

"Good luck" Athena told him, deciding against kissing his cheek out of worry that his mother would see and possibly murder her on the spot.

As Sirius walked off, Athena noticed what that meant for the rest of the group. The rest of the group being only Remus and Athena.

They stood awkwardly about a foot away from each other, neither wanting to move away nor neither wanting to engage in conversation.

Athena's eyes darted nervously around for her parents or least Remus' parents.

Athena would even be grateful to see Aurora in this moment, anything to get her away from the awkwardness accumulating around them.

To her relief she spotted her parents walking towards her with Aurora in tow who was glancing down at her watch every opportunity she got.

"Rena!" Henry called cheerfully as he pulled his daughter in for a hug, "how was the term?"

"Fine dad" Athena lied as she forced a smile,