(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟐) apparition

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"If you are seventeen years of age, or will turn seventeen on or before the 31st of August 1977, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of Apparition Lessons from a Ministry of Magic Apparition instructor. Please sign below if you woulds like to participate. Cost 5 Galleons."

"Did you see the sign?" Marlene asked as she sat down in the seat next to Athena at breakfast"

"What sign?" Rena asked as Lily and Dorcas sat opposite,

"Apparition" Lily answered, "it starts tomorrow, if you want to partake in lessons you have to pay five galleons"

"Are you all doing it?" Athena asked,

"Of course!!" Dorcas beamed, "imagine how easy it would be to just picture somewhere in your head and then go there"

"I don't think it's that easy Dorcas" Lily pointed out, "actually it's supposed to be quite difficult, apparently it's very easy to splinch yourself".

"What's splinching?" Marlene asked through a mouthful of toast,

"It's where you leave a body party behind" Dorcas replied, "but it's quite rare isn't it?"

"Not really" Lily replied, "only last week someone was severely injured by it, it was in the daily prophet"

"I don't much fancy leaving my leg behind" Marlene frowned, "wouldn't that be painful?"

"Sometimes it's painful, sometimes it isn't I guess it depends what you lose"

"Imagine" Dorcas began laughing, "imagine if boys lost—"

"Dorcas I'm going to stop you there" Athena sighed at her friends childish humour,

"Imagine" she was gasping with laughter now, "if they didn't even notice when they first arrived... and then later they went to the toilet and just—"

"Dorcas stop being immature" Lily muttered as she poured herself some cereal,

"No wait" Marlene smirked, "imagine if someone found it... left behind"

Both of the girls fell into fits of laughter at the breakfast table as Lily just rolled her eyes at Athena,

"Well they're good together" Athena pointed out with a laugh.

Apparition lessons started the next day. Athena payed her five galleons and showed up to the great hall with everyone else who wanted to take part.