(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟓) occlumency

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

Miss Sinistra
Please come to my office at two pm on Sunday afternoon
Professor Dumbledore

ATHENA HAD RECEIVED THE NOTE ON SATURDAY AND IT IMMEDIATELY FILLED HER WITH NERVES. It was about halfway through November now and she'd been expecting the time to hit soon. However she could have waited another term for one of these meetings.

She hadn't studied what occlumency was and she still wasn't entirely sure, now Athena wished she had, at least then she'd be slightly prepared. The girl had been quiet since she'd gotten it, barely speaking and eating silently in her own thoughts.

Her friends were concerned at first but shrugged it off when Athena told them she was sick. This excuse seemed to work every time. It also worked for an excuse to why she wasn't coming to Gryffindor common room on Sunday afternoon.

Athena claimed she was going to lie down for a bit however as soon as her friends were out of sight, she changed tracks and began to walk to Dumbledore's office. Her heart was racing all the while she did this. What if she was expected to see a vision today, what if she saw the vision today. Surely it wouldn't happen so soon.

"Sherbet Lemons" she stated clearly to the stone gargoyle who moved aside just as always. Athena's legs were shaky as she walked up the spiral staircase and pushed open the doors into the office. The table that had been present last time had gone and the room looked the same as it always had.

The portraits lining the walls depicted the previous head masters and mistresses of the school. As she opened the doors and walked into the room, they all eyed her with interest. They knew why she was there that's for sure. After all they'd all been watching at the previous order meeting.

Fawkes the Phoenix was looking older than usual. Phoenix's were immortal which meant when the bird died he would be reborn in the ashes. Athena guessed that this time might be coming up as he looked rather wizened as he ruffled his feathers in the sunlight.

Dumbledore himself was seated behind his desk. He smiled up at her as he entered and took his eyes off something in front of him. The thing was a peculiar object of silver. It seemed to be a bowl of water. Yet the water was sparkling and dancing in the light as though something was living inside.

"Good afternoon Miss Sinistra" Dumbledore greeted pleasantly,

"Good afternoon professor" She replied, trying not to sound nervous as she did so.

After all she definitely was nervous there was no question there.

"So" Dumbledore began promptly, "you know why you're here so there is no point beating around the bush, unless you have any questions?"