(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟕) sinistra's christmas

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS CAME AS A BIT OF A RELIEF. After all they were a distraction from the hectic life that Athena was currently caught up in. Therefore she relished the train journey home, her head against the window and her eyes admiring every field, tree and river that the train sped past.

The friends had exchanged presents on the last day (ruining the idea of secret Santa by saying who had who). Lily had loved what Athena bought her and said that she'd even wear the blouse on Christmas Day.

Turns out that Dorcas had Athena meaning she'd received a pair of shoes that she wouldn't normally wear. They were patent leather booths with a block heel and a rounded toe. Athena liked them a lot but she wasn't sure whether she had the confidence to pull them off.

The train pulled into the station and the kids clambered out staring around for their families. Everyone was going home this year. Sirius would be staying with James as usual although he kept going on about how he was going to get a new apartment soon enough.

Athena spotted her parents nearby waiting with Aurora who was waving her arm wildly over her head to catch Rena's attention.

"That's me" Rena smiled as she hugged her friends goodbye. Aurora hurried over and smiled Athena's group before turning to her sister.

"Remus you're coming with us" she smiled cashing Athena's stomach to do a somersault.

"How come?" Asked Remus,

"Your parents are at our house, we're all spending Christmas together isn't that great!" She grinned while clapping her hands. Nothing excited Aurora more than the prospect of Christmas.

"Sounds great" Remus smiled in response. Athena shot a look over her shoulder to Lily who was smirking at her.

"Have a good Christmas" she winked and Athena frowned at her trying to use telekinesis to convey that the girl had it wrong (even though Lily couldn't be more right).

"Apparently" Aurora continued as the group walked across the station, "your brothers coming from London to spend time with us, I haven't seen him in years"

Remus stopped dead with an expression of worry on his face,

"Did you just say my brothers coming home?" He asked,

"Yeah he's coming up tomorrow" Aurora nodded, "and we'll have aunt Honey, Aunt Melissa, and the cousins of course"

The rest of Aurora's ramble seemed to fade into nothing as Remus went rather pale,