thirtyone.

"Everyone please take your seats," Jacob announced. I took my seat next to Izzy and waited for what was about to happen next.

The best man stood up, and started his speech.

"When my best friend of 5 whole years asked me to be his best man, I replied with this piece of paper which has the answers to a questionnaire I made him fill out when we were 16, and today I want to read it out to everyone," Oliver started his speech.

He read out a 'document' they made back when we were still in school. Oliver made Jacob fill in an entire document of questions to answer before he gave Jacob his blessing to chase after his sister.

It was funny to listen to his answers to the questions, most of which he answered a little too seriously. Embarrassed, his cheeks turned a bright shade of pink as he continued to laugh at his own responses.

Soon, it was time for the Maid of Honour to give out her speech. I knew Jackie was going to give her speech so I didn't write a back up one for myself.

Jackie walked to the front of the banquet hall and took the microphone from Oliver before starting to read off a piece of paper she wrote all her lines on.

"Oh my," Izzy said as she clung into Jacob's arm and looked away.

Surprisingly, Jackie had a lot of good things to say about Izzy. It was strange to see but we all knew it was just an act.

"To end off my speech, I would like to give a toast. A toast to Y/N. Always the bridesmaid, but never the bride," She said as she pointed her champagne glass at me while finishing her speech.

The whole hall went silent. Not one person except Jackie was holding up their glass. I knew the effect I had on everyone, I knew they all would never toast to something as useless as that.

Oliver grabbed the microphone away from Jackie and started to talk more and change the subject. From my side, view, I could see Izzy tearing up.

"I'm so sorry," She said to me as she held both of my hands. I put the corner of a tissue paper near the corner of her eye to soak up her tears before they leaked onto her make up.

"It's okay, it's okay," I said as I tried to console her. Jacob already started to get up and walk towards his sister's table to reprimand her.

"Listen, I'm going to the washroom to freshen up I'll be back really quick," I said as I grabbed my purse and walked towards the exit.

I walked right into a bathroom stall and shut the door loudly before quickly locking it. I leaned against the door and began to slip down towards the floor slowly. I pressed my lips together as I looked up at the bright light in the toilet trying to keep myself from crying.

It was a habit I developed when I moved over because of what Tommy said about me depressing everyone around me when I was sad. I learned to bottle up my emotions and not talk about depressing things too much.

I knew what Jackie said was true, I will always just be the bridesmaid. I will never be the bride. All because I threw away what I had with Tommy back then. I've never been able to find that same feeling in anyone else. I tried, I tried to move on and forget about him.

I didn't regret walking out, it was for the best. I knew that, but I couldn't help but think about how drastically different my life would have been had my parents not died that day. Would we still be together now? What would our relationship have been by now? I constantly found myself thinking about those questions.

I stopped myself and freshened up in the mirror before coming out of the toilet. As I opened the door, I saw Tommy in front of the door pacing around while texting someone on his phone.

"Sorry, you can go in now," I said as I avoided looking into his eyes.

"I was waiting for you," He said grabbing my arm to hold me back. I looked back at him and looked right in his face. There was a time when all my insecurities and sadness would just melt away as I got lost in those blue eyes of his.

It's you, it's you, it's all for you
Everything I do
I tell you all the time
Heaven is a place on earth with you

"Okay, what do you need?" I said as I moved away to release my arm from his grasp. As much as I wanted to continue looking at his beautiful face, I knew I couldn't let myself fall for him again. I would just hurt myself by doing that.

"I just wanted to apologise for Jackie, her behaviour was not appropriate," He said as he retracted his hand back.

"It's fine, she was just speaking the truth," I said with a smile that didn't quite reach my eyes.

"It's not, you know it's not true," He said in a disappointed tone. I gave a half hearted laugh and we started walking back to the hall together.

We didn't say anything to each other, we just walked in a comfortable silence. I felt at ease with him by my side, it was like him being there made all my problems disappear.

We walked into the hall side by side before splitting up to go back to our respective tables. I walked towards my seat as Jackie walked over to me.

"Hi, yeah, I'm like sorry," Jackie said unapologetically as she saw me pull my chair out to sit down again.

"No worries, all you did was embarrass yourself," I answered not even turning to look in her direction.

"Whatever," She said as rolled her eyes and walked away. How ill-mannered, she would not last a day in my industry with that attitude of hers.

As the clock stroke 12, Izzy and Jacob were at the exit thanking everyone for coming to their wedding. Some people were already pretty drunk by then, so they were leaning against a friend as they walked out of the hall.

I stayed back to check if everyone had left their seats so that I could leave as well.

There was a guy who had his head rested on the table as a girl beside him tried to wake him up. As I walked closer, I realised who it was.

"Tommy, the party is over you need to leave," I said squatting down next to him and tilting my head next to the table to get a good look at him.

"You can go, I'll handle this," Jackie said as waved for me to go away. I easily backed off before a hand grabbed onto my wrist.

"No, Y/N don't leave again, please," He said drunkenly with tears forming in his eyes. I turned back to look at him in a sad drunken state, it pained me to see him like this.

"It's okay, I'm not going to leave," I said as I squat down next to him and held onto his hand.

"Promise?" He asked as he lifted his head from the table.

They say that the world was built for two
Only worth living if somebody is loving you

"I promise."

And, baby, now you do

1240 words

A/N: BRO 12.5k READS WHAT IS GOING ONNNNNNNN I DIDNT EXPECT SO MANY PEOPLE TO LIKE THIS STORY LMAOSOOSDHJD & also changed the lyrics I used in chapter 30 to a different song bc I just feel like this song suits this chapter better!! 😁