(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟎) overdue

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

MAY TURNED TO JUNE AND SOON THERE WAS ONLY ONE MONTH LEFT UNTIL SIXTH YEAR ENDED. Athena and her friends were making the most of the last non exam year they had left by attending parties, sitting out in the sun and pulling pranks as much as possible.

Mary coming back into the group had been a surprise but a welcomed one. It didn't feel weird or forced at all instead it just felt normal. After all before everything had gone down, the girl had been in their group for five years. That hadn't all been forgotten.

Everyone felt bad for Mary, it was hard not to. Being under the imperius curse was one thing but being hurt and tortured as well as losing all your friends sounded like the worst fate ever. It made Athena shiver just thinking about it.

Athena was happy to have Mary back, she was getting on with her better than she had done in the past. This was probably due to the fact that Mary was no longer dating Remus.

However her return did bring about some problems in Athena's thoughts. After all, she wasn't blind. Rena had noticed the way that Mary still stared at the boy as though nothing had changed.

She still liked him, that much was clear. Mary always tried to talk to him and walk with him, sit with him and laugh loudly at all of his jokes. Athena was trying really hard not to be annoyed or jealous but sometimes she couldn't help it.

The real question was whether Remus felt the same. He had at one point, who's to say that hadn't changed. Their ending had been so abrupt as they'd dated for about four years. That was a long time after all.

They knew each other well, not as well as Athena knew Remus (not that this mattered of course). Towards the middle of June, Rena's thoughts were fully focused on Mary and Remus and there they were going to get back together.

No one wanted them to, by now everyone knew that Athena liked Remus and everyone thought that they'd make a better couple. Unfortunately it didn't matter what everyone else thought, it mattered what Remus thought.

Based on previous events and information that Athena had gathered in her mind, the likelihood of Remus feeling the same about Athena was rather low. This was because when James and Sirius had made jokes about the patronus or about Athena being in his bed he'd reacted angrily and didn't find the humour in the situation.

Surely this meant that he did find it embarrassing, the idea of dating Athena. It kept her awake at night (although most things kept her awake at night). She'd lie staring at the top of her four poster bed in floods of anxiety wondering what was wrong with her to make him feel that way.