Preparations

The rest of the weeks was not that eventful, students prepared rigorously for the second continuous assessment test, as well as the exams. Pressure was on the final year student as we had to sit for our mock exam after the test while other students prepare for their terminal exam.

The JSS 3 students registered for their junior WAEC and NECO, the exam was a necessary criteria into the senior class.

Ss3 students also have to register for their senior WAEC and NECO as well as JAMB (Joint Admission Matriculation Board).

JAMB is a tool or an instrument used for the admission of candidates into the higher institution of learning. The exam is like a measuring tool.

Then there is SAT and the likes.

The Christmas Carol preparation came sooner than expected after the exams. Everyone was busy, so busy I forgot Femi and Shubomi had a brawl.

It has been awkward ever since the fight, the fight cause a strain between me and Shubbie. I just find it hard to believe...

Let's leave their case for now, am trying to get the right shade for the skin tone of 'baby Jesus '. Folahami was in charge of the poster that will be used on the stage.

Am working with his team and we are to draw and paint, Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus, we were channeling 'babe in a manger vibes'.

I stare at the chubby arm of the baby trying to depict the perfect color, i jumped when I heard the shrill voice of the soprano singers singing out their lungs in the hall. They were also gearing up for the carol/cantata happening in two days.

Tomi is a member of the school choir, one of the soloist. The girl really knows how to sing. She tried cajoling me into joining but God forbid cause i know they will kick me out with my hard voice. She tried convincing me to join the tenor group but no way in hell.

I flinched turning around sharply from the raised platform i sat on as i heard the flat key sang by none other than Queen bit*h. My ears are bleeding out and i don't think am the only one in that situation.

That thing can't sing!

I turn to look at Folahami who was busy painting the hair of Joseph, he looks so unbothered by her horrible singing but you can still see he was trying really hard to control his laugh.

Even our colleagues who were with us on stage decorating or painting one thing or another looks annoyed.

"My friend sit down!" Prince screamed for her to shut up. He just entered the hall with his twin.

I hear students snicker at his statement, finally someone to shut her up. I sigh in relief before continuing with my work.

A sweet, melodious voice was heard as the whole hall fell into silence, i smile putting down my brush and palette as I recognize the lovely voice. I practically swooned as I stood up turning around to watch her the more.

The whole hall fell into silence as Tomi sings the hallelujah chorus beautifully. I grin at everyone surprised expression as I climb down the stage going towards where the choir were situated as she finished the song.

"E bami sha latewo!" Prince shouted as he jumped like a frog as everyone clapped and cheered her on.

"Ore mi niyen!" I cheered looking proud as Tomi blushed due to the attention on her.

"As in!" Prince said. His hand digs into the pocket of his trouser before pulling out his wallet, he opened it pulling out two new one thousand naira notes before placing it on her forehead. "Wa gbayii"