(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟒) night out

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE WEATHER PICKED UP IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS, rain was cast away by rays of sunlight that swanned in through the shelter of the trees and warmed the azure blue sky. Athena was grateful for this because it meant her trip to the Potter residence would not be ruined by some pitiful showers.

She was excited to get out of the house again, the walls of her room were being studied by her eyes so often that she could tell you details that no one else could. It had only been a few days since she'd been at Remus' but since then (due to the weather) she'd been locked indoors.

England summers usually went something like this, the weather was unpredictable and not in a pleasant way. Rain was something that people grew used to even in the hotter months of July and August. Athena was never fully put off by the rain, after all it was just a bit of water. However she couldn't deny that in the summer it is a lot more pleasant to spend time in the sun.

She was only staying at James' house for two days, yet she packed more than needed anyway. Athena pondered who he'd invited, of course Sirius stayed there all the time now, Lily was bound to show up if she wasn't with James already, Marlene and Dorcas were also definitely attending as were Remus and Peter.

The question was Mary. Before everything had happened, she'd been invited to everything along with everyone else. She'd been part of the group just as much as Athena was. Rena presumed that she would be there and she had no problem with that. Athena had no reason to be jealous anymore, she'd won (despite this not being a competition).

Remus had chosen her, not Mary and therefore she had nothing to worry about. Yet it was in Athena's nature to worry. For what reason? She couldn't explain but it was there lingering in her mind like a curse.

The final question was whether James would think to invite Kennedy. If he did, she wouldn't show up. According to Athena's pendent, she was still alive four weeks into the summer. This had blessed Athena with a new hope that Kennedy may have been exaggerating the situation after all.

Even though Kennedy was alive, she still wouldn't show up. Athena doubted she'd been invited in the first place, many were still skeptical of her (mainly Sirius who wasn't one to shed a grudge). Rena hoped that Kenny hadn't been given an invitation as she worried if she declined it would leave room for questions about what she was up to.

Aurora was out the day that Athena left. Often Rena forgot that her sister had friends, in fact she'd been rather popular. The reason she forgot is because Aurora never talked about them, there was never a drama or a relationship or a scandal. She has a very laid back and calming group of friends, which was something Athena felt would grow boring.

Her sister hadn't said where she was going but Athena didn't really care, her absence had made it easier for Athena to pack while blasting queen through the record player in her room (which had been a seventeenth birthday present from her father).