~Chapter 22~

Lucien's POV

I sighed as I looked at the phone ringing.I put the phone on silent and shoved it in my pocket.

"I will tell you again.I will not make a deal with you that involves trafficking underage girls.You're sick,just get out of my sight,"I shouted to Mr.Cane.He was trying to make this deal with me for months now and I declined him every time.Now he was a bit more persistent.

"Well I am not really giving you a choice here Mr.De Luca.You either agree to the new adjustment or we cut off our ties.You nd I othe know I'm a big investor,"he stated confidently as if I needed him.He was merely an alliance.

"Now you've got that all wrong buddy.Our contract can be called off simply by my signature,"I laughed bitterly.

"You can lose millions.You're businesses were influenced by me.You hear me?Me!"he screamed and I stood up and strided towards him in long strides.I grabbed him by his neck and his feet lifted off of the ground.

"I do not tolerate disrespect Mr.Cane.Now before I stab you in your little neck...Get the fuck out,"I said slowly and menacingly.

He got his things and practically ran out of my office.I sighed and took a seat on the coach.As I was about to pour me a glass of whiskey my phone rang again.

I dug it out of my trouser's pocket and saw it was Ace.I picked up and rubbed my forehead.Things have been tough.Some of my businesses were robbed by one of the Mafia's.Although I have a strong feeling it's the Russians,the French mafia has also been too quiet.That's why I'm in Italy now.

"Lucien,"his voice rang thtough the speaker panicked.

"What?"I asked.

"Okay this is a lot to lay out on you but,Scarlett is kidnapped and Giovanie is in the ICU,"he said and I stilled.Someone dared to fuck with me.Anger consumed me and then guilt came and swallowed me whole.Maybe,just maybe if I hadn't have ignored her calls this wouldn't have happened.Idiotic bastard that I am.

"Fuck!"

"Call my pilot right now and tell him I'm leaving Italy.I want you on guard and hacking every possible camera of a possibility where they last were.I will see you in a couple hours,"I said and hung up.

"Fuck!"I threw the phone across the room and ran my hand through my hair.

I quickly walked to my car and started it.I pressed on the gas and headed to my house I owned here.When I arrived I threw the doors open and went inside.I stuffed my guns and clothes I brought along into bags and went downstairs again.I then threw the bags in the trunk and sped off to my personal airplane hanger.

I arrived and took the bags.My guards waited for me as I climbed the steps.They made a path for me and looked down as soon as they saw my deadly expression.

"Harrison I need you to take off now,"I said to my pilot and he nodded.We would be there in about six hours.I took a seat on the sofa that was situated in the corner of the jet.I put on my safety belt as we pulled off and into the air.I put my head in my hands when I thought about what they may be doing to my princess.

I feel so fucking pathetic for pushing her away because she was getting a little to close to my heart.My father taught me not to let anyone capture your heart.It only leads to pain more than happiness and passion.I had to push her away so she could remain safe,because all hell will break loose when everyone knew she's mine.But it's my own fault.I brought her into my world.

I make calls for the remaining time of my flight and do my best to find out where they are hiding my princess.

-

I climb into the car as Garret pulls up.I don't say anything and maybe he feels the tension because he said nothing and just drove to the estate.The gates open and before the car even stops I open the door and climb out.

I push the doors open and head straight to my office.I push on the button that are for the intercoms in my guards' rooms

"I need everyone in the conference room right now,"I say and stand up and throw myself a glass of whiskey on the rocks.I down it in one go and go to the conference room which is connected to office.

As I take a seat on the head of the glass table my men enter the room.They sat down as soon as I do a gesture with my hand.

"I know many of you are aware of the current predicament we are in.One of our men is in critical condition and my woman is missing.I want all of you on full alert,"I said and looked at all of them.They had serious painted all over their faces.

"Ace I want you to hack any cameras in a hundred foot radius near the estate.They couldn't have gotten far because they didn't take a car,"I rubbed my forehead and blew out a breath.He nodded and took out his laptop.

"Greg,Luca and Haven I need you to go to the warehouse where we are keeping Rose and bring her here.You can take more men just stay on the low.The rest of you stay on duty and on alert,"I said and they nodded and stood up.

"And please,bring the fucking dog back,"