(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟑) vodka and coke

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HUGGED REMUS HAPPILY WHEN SHE SAW HIM on platform 9 and 3/4. As she did so she heard Sirius making fake gaging sounds from behind and she turned to look at him. He seemed better than he had been, maybe a Christmas with the Potters' had been just what he needed.

Sirius and Athena didn't talk about the encounter that they'd shared at Slughorn's party. Athena wasn't sure whether he remembered it at all, he was rather drunk. He seemed to be acting as he normally would

The train journey was full of stories of Christmas celebrations and the showing off of presents. Athena sat with her hand in Remus' as he ran his thumb over the ring she wore proudly on her finger.

They ate a bunch of sweets despite knowing that the welcome feast was just around the corner. Boxes, packets of jelly beans and chocolates lay discarded on the floor where Marlene was spread out laughing her head off about a joke that she'd told.

When the train pulled into the station the group crowed off together waving happily to Hagrid who was guiding them through the dark night with his large lantern.

She stepped into a carriage with James , Sirius, Remus and Lily. It seemed that James and Lily had spent Christmas together as well for the first time. Of course Sirius had been there too but considering that he didn't seem as sick and ill as he had done it seemed he hadn't taken this badly.

Athena watched the thestral carefully as it dragged the carriage out of the cobbled streets of Hogsmeade. They weren't so bad for being an omen of death, maybe she was only feeling like this because the happiness she felt with Remus was eating her alive.

"I think we'll have a party tonight" Sirius mused as he took a cigarette out of his leather jacket pocket.

"stop smoking" Lily snapped as she snatched the cigarette out from between his lips before he could light it and threw it outside of the carriage.

"I payed for that Evans" Sirius grunted,

"I'm sick of smelling smoke all of the time" Lily replied simply.

"Piss of then!" Sirius retorted.

"don't talk to her like that" James frowned as he placed an arm around Lily, "she's right you smoke way too much... so do you Remus"

"don't bring me into this"Remus muttered,

"he's not wrong" Athena pointed out causing Remus to roll his eyes at her.

"I'm serious" Lily continued,

"No I'm Sirius" the boy drawled lazily,

"Do you ever get bored of using that joke?"

Athena frowned as she turned back to Sirius, how come only a moment ago she'd believed that everything was fine and a second later Sirius seemed to have reverted back into his isolated and angry self. She glanced at Remus who just sighed gently as he held Athena's had tighter.