Chapter 19

The scarlet blades clashed with her aqua one. She wasn't aware of Ventress's fighting style but luckily Ventress wasn't aware of hers either.

She had her injured arm free from the sling so she could move around easier.

Thankfully her non-dominant arm was the one that was injured so she could still hold her lightsaber somewhat comfortably.

She was starting to get tired though. Her arm was starting to become numb and weak as well as the rest of her body. She had to stick it out though. Just a bit longer and then help will be here. Hopefully.

The duel continued for several minutes, their blades continuously clashing. Saasha knew she was not going to win this fight alone. 'Anakin better get his butt over here soon or things are not going to end well.' She grumbled to herself.

She focused most of her remaining energy and strength on defence rather than attack. Occasionally she would throw strikes at the Assassin but mainly defended herself from being sliced in half or from losing a limb. Sweat was starting to form on her face. 

The longer the duel went on, the sloppier Saasha's moves got. Other than a few occasions, she hadn't duelled a Sith on her own, never mind with only one hand.

Ventress placed a slash at an uncomfortable spot to reach with her good arm, which meant she really only had one option. She quickly threw her lightsaber to her injured arm and blocked the attack, just barely. 

She could feel the stitches tear through her skin, opening the wound beneath her bandage. She bit her lip so hard to prevent herself from making a noise she thought it would also start bleeding. She'd had stitches before, a couple of times and it wasn't that big of a deal. Get the stitches, let it heal, take them out, presto. But now, she could tell it was going to be a bit of a different process. 

Ventress's attacks were getting even more aggressive now. Saasha took a sudden hard kick to her stomach which knocked her back against the alley wall. The cold concrete was icy against the skin on her back. 

Saasha's lightsaber was knocked out of her hand and she couldn't get a visual of it because Ventress was standing right in front of her with one of her blades against Saasha's neck. She could feel the blazing heat on the skin of her neck as if it was going to start melting away at any given second. She was still standing but her legs felt like they would give out if it wasn't for the hot blades at her neck.

"So, it was the Separatists that are trying to kill me." Saasha spat. 

Ventress released an evil chuckle from her lips, "What gave that away?" she asked sarcastically. 

"You see child, they didn't just want you dead for the fun of it," Ventress smiled her wicked teeth but Saasha cut her off before she could continue, "Then answer me. Why. Do. You. Want. Me Dead." she asked firmly. She didn't let the Sith intimidate her. Was she scared, kind of, yes. But she had learned over the years that you NEVER let your opponent see it. Her eyes were normally a soft gentle blue but she gave Ventress a cold glare that made her eyes turn to ice. 

"Well, let's just say you're in the way of some...future plans my master has." 

"Dooku? And what does that slime have planned?" Saasha was half stalling and half curious.

"No, not Dooku. I guess I can tell you because you won't be around to tell anyone now, will you? Dooku's master has big plans. They have been in construction for longer than you've been alive. And a tiny padawan is not going to screw it up," she said, bringing her face closer to Saasha's. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No hate towards Rebels! I love the show! I just find it kinda funny, like what the heck did y'all do to Yoda 😂