-13-

A/N: Happy Sunday! I decided to put up six chapters today b/c they were already done anyway and I'm trying to get this opening arc up here so I can get into the story story. Also, less than four hours until a select group of sky daddy's children get our powers (on the east coast), so imma need to spend Monday practicing my new abilities! 😂

Syd tore her room apart trying to figure out what to wear to meet with the Brits. Not only was she nervous about completing her first deal without Sean, she'd also be alone with the Rossi brothers. She'd seen them a few more times since Vegas, but it was always brief and with Sean around.

"Pants," she said to herself. "We are definitely wearing pants. Long pants. And a blazer. A thick blazer. Black button up under that..." she continued to ponder aloud. "Okay, all black...? No, I need some color..."

After tossing her room again, Syd finally reached a decision. She wore an all black pantsuit with a red shirt to compliment the bottom of her Louboutin pumps.

"Okay, this is the one. I look serious. Yes..." Syd said looking in the mirror checking herself out. She jumped when she heard a knock at her door. She wasn't expecting anyone and Frank would normally call if he was picking her up without Sean. Since returning to the lifestyle, Syd became more paranoid, so she kept a gun in her purse. She pulled it out as she cautiously approached the door and looked through the peephole.

"Seriously?" She groaned, putting the gun back in her purse before she opened the door. "Hi, Emiliano."

"Hi, sweetheart," he smiled. "I see you're ready for business." Emiliano's eyes raked over her shamelessly.

"What did I tell you about calling me that, Emiliano? It's Sim-"

"Whatever, you know you like it," he winked. "Are you ready, Simone?"

"Yeah, but I don't see why you needed to come up here to get me," she rolled her eyes, pushing him out of the apartment so she could lock up. "You could've just called or texted."

"Well, it's your first deal without Sean and I thought I'd come up here in case you'd need help relieving any nerves before the meeting," he gave her a suggestive look.

Syd scoffed and shook her head as she continued down the hall. "You know that can't happen, right?"

"You're the boss lady. Anything can happen if you say the word." He followed her into the elevator and pressed the emergency stop button when the doors closed.

Syd crossed her arms. "The hell you think you're doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He asked, stepping up to Syd who was already against the wall of the elevator. Syd lifted her leg and placed her Louboutin pump against his chest to stop him from advancing further.

"I'm going to stop you right there. You are not to -" Syd's breathing hitched when she felt Emiliano caress the inside of her thigh.

"You can't make it this easy for me to touch you and expect me not to," he said running his fingers toward her core.

"Actually..." She stretched her leg to push him further away and lock her knee to keep him from trying that move again. "I can do whatever the fuck I want and you will not touch me without my consent. Got it?" Syd spoke with a stern voice and gave him a look to match.

Emiliano raised both hands defensively and backed away to restart the elevator. "Okay, boss lady. You got it." He gave her an impressed smile. He wanted to tease her more, but knew he'd have other opportunities to make her sweat and didn't want to mess up the deal they were heading to.

Outwardly, Syd was Simone, cool and authoritative, but internally, she was Syd and Syd was a nervous wreck, feeling her stomach turn in knots and having flashbacks to the fantasies she had before about Emiliano... and Luca... sometimes at the same time. Even if she was back with Hector, she wondered if Syd would've let Emiliano have his way with her in the elevator.

When they reached the ground floor, she let out a sigh of relief and rushed out of the elevator to get into the car. Frank came out to open the door for Syd and Emiliano to get into the backseat where Luca had been waiting for them. He looked at Syd when she entered the car and was relieved she dressed conservatively knowing he and Emiliano would be alone with her for the next few hours. He shook his head when he noticed Emiliano was obviously eye-fucking her the way he stared at her backside as he boarded behind her.

"Tesor-" Luca cleared his throat. "Simone," he greeted.

"Luca," she returned.

Syd turned her attention to her phone to avoid looking at the brothers and hoping to distract herself from the flashbacks to what happened in Vegas and the deeply sinful dreams she had that followed.

"Simone," Luca called for her attention.

"Hm?" Syd answered, not looking up from her phone. The less eye contact she made with either of them, the better, especially Luca. Emiliano's eyes may have been filled with lust every time she saw them, but when Syd looked into Luca's eyes, she was often captured by the intensity of his gaze.

Luca wanted to repeat himself, demanding that she look in his eyes and show more respect, but she was the one with the power. So, even though he wanted to bend her over his lap and teach her a well-deserved lesson, he held back his urges and continued with business.

"I'm sure Sean told you, but the Brits are always playing games, so be on your guard. We're there to pick up the payment and release the delivery on their end. First, we'll confirm that they brought over the full payment and then you'll make the call."

"Right," Syd nodded and mustered up enough courage to look up at Luca. As expected, his eyes were intense. "So, what will you guys be doing?"

Emiliano spoke up. "We'll be there to check the cash is all there and legit, sweethe-" Syd cut her eyes before he could finish the word. "...Simone," he corrected himself. "We've got sixth and seventh senses for bullshit."

"And if the Brits are playing us?" Syd asked.

"Deal is off and we leave," Luca responded. "It doesn't need to go further than that."

"Sounds simple enough," Syd nodded before returning her attention to her phone.