Witchcraft

Happy Holidays With A New Update!!

"Can we talk about this? This decision you have made without us?" 

"Evelyn, you just came back and told us what you decided and packed your bags." 

"Everyone is asking us why you have moved out. Why our daughter has just grabbed everything and left. They ask where you have gone." 

"They assume the worst, Eve. They assume that you have left our pack for the human life." 

"We cannot continue to hear their questions and give them no answer," my mother pleads standing at the entrance of the house Nixon build Lily, the gift my father designed and built my mother. 

My parents stare at me, their eyes wide, the headlights of their car still illuminating the snow on the ground. I know they are stressed, still not over the events that took place two days ago when I returned from Eternal Shadows, the warriors from Crimson Lock helping me to pack up everything I own, and move me to my rightful pack. 

Taking in a calming breath, I roll my shoulders back and know that the way I speak to my parents now will be changing. If they remain as pack members of Evercrest Ridge, they will see me for fractions of the year, they will still see me as their daughter, but that façade will fade away as I mold into who I am to become soon. 

"You do not have to answer to them," I reply, my parents finding no comfort in my reply. "Stay for the day tomorrow. For the ceremony." 

Father looks past me, watching me rearranging the home as the pack items have been moved out of the house and to the origional pack house, the walls of this home once more the house of the Alpha. "When I am Alpha, then you can tell them the truth. If you wish to stay with me, then I can make accommodations and help find you a house in town to move into." 

"We are not moving."

"Quinn."

"No, we are not moving. I do not care if this is your origional pack too, Terrance," my mother snaps at dad. "Our home is with Evercrest. You are their Gamma for goddess sake. We have a loyalty to our pack, something our daughter has forgotten... Our home is where we built it twenty-two years ago. We cannot just pack up and move to a new pack because our daughter is Alpha." 

The woman who raised me stares coldly ahead of me. "I was your babysitter, Evelyn. I was with you more than your own mother when she was alive. She saw you as a burden rather than a gift from the goddess." The atmosphere grows tense, my chest tightening as I am unsure how exactly to take her words. "I was there for you all those years. I raised you into who you are. Fuck, who knows how you would have turned out if she had raised you." 

"Quinn, that is enough!" Dad shouts, pulling on her arm as he tries to remind her who she is talking of in such a manner. "I knew Lily better than you. Lily would have never-"

"That bitch left our daughter an orphan because she was too weak to live without her husband - the control freak who ruined her innocence." 

"ENOUGH!" 

The walls shake, the men rearranging the couch in the main living room stopping as they look to me, my parents watching me with a hint of fear. Taking in a deep breath, I try to calm down my wolf, wanting to not lash out like that again. "You have come to the territory of Crimson Lock to talk to the daughter of Alpha Lily," I begin, my voice shaky as I try and remain calm, "so you should approach me with respect." 

My mom shakes her head, taking a step back from the front door. The face staring back at me paling, as if she has talked to a ghost. 

"This is not you, Evelyn. This is not who you are. You never talked like this before. What happened to you? Did something happen at Eternal Shadows?" She pleads with me to answer, to tell her that things have changed. She knows things have changed, ever since I found out the bloodline I come from, but now I know war will be at Crimson Lock's gates the moment I take the title, I have to change too. I have to match the change in the world with change of my own.