Chapter 42

After the trampoline park they had one more stop to make before they headed home. Everyone had gotten home successfully and had a great time.

Everyone was honestly so tired but Robert had asked to see Noah and Cameron on their birthday. The best Robert could do was go down to the hospital gift shop to get a present for them.

Technically he was just going to give Noah money and Cameron a barbie doll that they had in the gift shop.

Owen had let Cameron fall asleep in the car since he knew that she was tired. Noah leaned his own head on the cold window. His own eyes drooped from tiredness. Mason hummed along to the soft tune that played on the radio.

When they finally reached the hospital Mason woke Cameron up. But she was still half asleep letting Cameron lay her head on his shoulder as Mason carried her through the hospital.

Owen knocked on the door, hearing a soft 'come in'. Owen opened the door to see Robert sitting on the vistors chair. Mason and Noah followed in behind.

Robert's tired smile grew bigger as he saw the two birthday kids. I think all the boys had noticed how worse Robert looked if that was even possible and that scared them all.

"Cam look who it is." Mason whispered into Cameron's ear slightly bouncing her. Cameron lifted her head off of Mason shoulder getting her little fist and rubbing her eyes.

Cameron looked around the room taking in her surrounding until it landed on Robert. A smile grew on her face.

"Hi Daddy!" She smiled.

"Happy birthday Noah and Cam." Robert smiled he opened up his arms hoping both of his children would give him a hug. Noah stood rooted in his spot. Saying a small 'thanks'.

As Cameron wriggled out of Masons hold. He let her down on the ground and Cameron ran into his arms.

Owen slightly pushed Noah to move forward but he didn't move. Robert just wrapped his arms around Cameron. He understood if Noah was still not comfortable receiving affection off of him.

"I have something for the both of you." Robert let out a small cough. His voice was all dry from all the coughing he had been doing lately.

"Robert you didn't have to." Owen said. He knew Robert couldn't get anything plus he was probably to sick. This should be one of his last worries.

"Owen it's fine it only something small." He gave Owen a small smile. "Mason it's just on that table if you could just get it for me?" Robert pointed to the small bedside table.

Mason nodded walking over to the small bedside table picking up a small wrapped box and envelope. He handed it to Ribert and then took a spot on the bed. Owen sat bedside him, while Noah stood standing.

Cameron looked down on the envelope and the wrapped box with curious eyes. Robert saw her eyes.

"This is for you." He said handing her the small box. As she opened it he handed the envelope to Noah.

"A barbie doll!" Cameron smiled down at the new barbie doll. Another one to add to her small collection. "Thank you!" She hugged Robert around the neck, giving him a peck on the cheek.

Noah looked down at the envelope. He opened it carefully and inside was two fifty dollar notes. He looked back up at Robert with disbelief.

Robert nodded.

"Thank you." Noah said and what Robert wasn't expecting was Noah to come over and give him a hug.

Owen and Mason were slightly confused until they saw how much was in the envelope and both of their eyes widened.