Chapter 6

Seraphina Amor

Disappointment is a weird thing. When someone tells you they're disappointed in you, it leaves this lingering empty pit inside of you. That feeling of sadness that washes over you because you let that person down, that you didn't meet their expectations.

However, disappointment in yourself is far worse because you know you could have done better. You know what your skill and limitation was and you didn't meet it. Looking back at it, you see where you went wrong. Disappointment is one of the worst feelings and I hated it. I hated it because it makes you feel like shit.

"I already told you! I'm not apologizing for it! I did what I thought was right in the moment because that's how I was taught! Sorry if that isn't what you live by!"

"It wasn't the right thing to do and you screwed us over with your crappy decision making!"

From the second I walked into the kitchen, Harry had been at my throat all morning for yesterday. The moment he caught sight of me, he opened his mouth and started to insult rapid fire. Safe to say, despite it being so early, I wasn't taking any of his crap.

"Jesus, Harry! You're acting like I killed someone or set off a bomb or something! We don't even know if Jensen was there or what the whole purpose of getting us out of there was for!"

Harry was standing on the opposite of the living room, his hands crossed across his chest. His arms flexed the slightest the more angry he got. His brow was furrowed in an angry glare and his nose would flare every time I would throw a rebuttal back at him.

We've been arguing in circles for the past hour. Harry would yell at me for messing up last night and I would yell back telling him how it was an honest mistake. The argument just kept going and going and in all honesty, both of us seemed to be too stubborn to back down.

"If you hadn't made us run out of the building, maybe we would actually have a lead on the fucking case!"

"It's not my fault there's nothing for us to work with! Stop blaming it on me!" My throat ached from the yelling that had been going on for the past hour, begging for me to stop for a second. However, my pride and ego simply would not allow me to.

"Maybe if we didn't leave we would have something to work with now!" Harry shouts back, his voice echoing throughout the living room.

I scoff at him, breathing out a huff. "You don't know that!"

"And you don't know that I'm wrong!"

My arms unfold from my chest, my fingers coming up to pinch the bridge of my nose. Both of our obnoxious breathing was heard and before I could stop myself, a deep chuckle escaped me.

"What the hell are you laughing about?" Harry huffs, a mix of annoyance and anger in his tone. His accent seemed to get thicker as he got more angry as it dripped from every word that left his mouth.

My gaze flicked back up to him and he was glaring at me so intensely I could have sworn he was trying to burn holes into my head. Biting the inside of my lip, I inspect him once, eyes drawing over his form.

Irritation was evident in the way he was presenting himself, his fingers grasping onto his bicep tightly as if trying to hold himself back. The edges of his lips tilted downwards as his eyes squinted at me, hiding the vibrant shade of green that laid inside of them.

Running my tongue along the inside of my cheek, I focus back onto Harry as I watch his patience begin to run thin.

"I just think it's funny how much you're blaming me for the entire thing when you were half in on it too. It was your fucking car! You could've just made me sit back down," I say, my voice a few notches lower than it was before but still holding a stern tone. Harry scoffs at me, shaking his head but taking a small step closer to me.