foreign affection

You laid in Severus's bed, dreaming, dreaming whilst he marked his dozens of papers

You laid in Severus's bed, dreaming, dreaming whilst he marked his dozens of papers. However the dream that you currently endured was not one you wanted again, it has been happening for quite some time now, bad dreams were now the usual but you never once got over them.

"You'll always manage to disappoint somebody! You'll never be good enough." Your father screamed at the top of his lungs, kicking the wooden door that you had locked, desperate to try to hide away from his manic episodes. You hid away in the closet, the door locked right as you buried yourself within the racks of clothes, covering your delicate ears, trying to block out the sound of the door being kicked to a pulp.

Sobbing and sobbing you felt the tears dry and stick to your cheeks, you felt as if your heart was going to burst out of your chest or leap out of your throat, nothing had stopped your farther screaming for the passed half hour.

"Get out of here and face me, Y/n! Get out you coward! Or i'm going to come in!" His voice was ripped raw, you could practically hear the dryness in his throat as he yelled aggressively.

You were only a child when this behaviour happened, an innocent child, you never asked for this to happen, and you never knew what struck this to happening, you did everything to make him proud, everything. But everything wasn't enough, even for him.

Pieces of wood began to suddenly break off and ship down from the door, flying on the floor in front of you, you squeezed your eyes shut embracing for the impact. Sooner than expected the entirety of the wooden door smashed to millions, breaking off the hinges and falling loudly to the floor, you flinched and scooted away more into the darkness of the closet, your knees brought up tightly to your chest in attempt to shield you from anything.

"There you are. Come out now. I'll count to three," His menacing tone terrified you as you peeped open your eyes you saw his tall shadowed figure stand about you, the whites of his eyes glaring down at you like the devil. He was shaking with anger, his hands brawled into a tight fist until you could see the whites of his bone.

You didn't dare to move...

"One,"

Nothing, you stayed completely still.

"Two,"

...

"THREE!"

Your eyes shot open as a hard gasp released your lips, jumping upwards with the covers tightly squeezed in your sweaty palms you burst out with a small sob. This was the fifth nightmare this week, you couldn't deal with it anymore.

Severus immediately got up from
his leather chair to take swift strides to the side of his own bed, he saw as the terror fades from your face, watching the relief stream in as you knew it was only a dream.

"Another?" He asked, mentioning to the amount of night terrors you had, most of them he was there to comfort you in his own ways, he wasn't fussed or in his mind any good at calming or relaxing someone down.

"This is starting to get repetitive," His eyes were fixed on you, never looking away, he saw every little detail, the sticky tear stained cheeks, the sweat glimpsing on your forehead, how your hands slightly shook with nerves, how your chest rose and fell with heavy and messy breaths.

"is it the same one?" Severus hesitantly sat down next to you, the mattress dipping with his weight.

You didn't know where to look, eyes darting around the room you felt yourself being more stressed by the second, your mind flashed to the dream, of your father, you could feel his voice, how loud it was, how it boomed within the walls, how it hurt your ears.

Severus noticed how you began to get undone he only hushed aloud softly as he gently wrapped his hand around your arms, pulling you across the bed towards him, automatically you speed your legs allowing them to wrap round
his waist, as you sat comfortably Severus stood up, holding your supportively, the quiet humming drowned out your fathers screaming, you draped your hands around his neck and held onto the ends of his hair gently.

Walking back over to his big leather chair he softly sat down with you in his lap, your head laid against his chest, eyes closed and only focusing on his heartbeat.

Severus's hand caressed your back, slowly stroking up and down as your sobs quieted down, slowly fading as you relaxed.

"Let the thoughts pass." He spoke so softly, so smoothly, as if he didn't want to scare you. And there you laid in his arms, your tired eyes closed once again as you could feel yourself go back into a deep slumber, but this time, no nightmares could enter.