Prologue

Camila Cabello was never late for work.

She could always be found getting into Dope Tattoos in time with a turtleneck sweater, tight pants that marked her figure, old sneakers and a ponytail that laid bare her long neck. She did not like to attract attention, that was clear, and she had good reasons for it.

-Good morning, Camila! -A tall blond man greeted her as soon as he saw her arrive.

He was the studio receptionist, who had a beautiful sun tattooed on the base of his neck and an angel with a woman's face covering his entire arm, both works by Camila. Also, his right eyebrow and lip were pierced.

-Good morning, Troy -She replied with a smile when she found his blue eyes-. Ally was calling you. She wants to know if you're going to dinner with her tonight.

Ally was one of the many foster sisters Camila had, Troy's girlfriend and the angel's face.

-Of course -he nodded with a smile-... I would never miss a dinner with her.

After this short conversation the girl went to her work area, stopping first to greet Simon, the boss and owner of the place, and her other colleagues.

If you'd gotten close to Camila Cabello's area, you wouldn't have found anything out of the ordinary for a tattoo artist. The wall was filled with metallic-colored graffiti and flames around citing her favorite To Kill a Mockingbird quote, and cartoon little people-including her favorite artists and family members-played among the letters. On the other wall, with almost too much order, there were various posters of rock and metal bands that she honestly didn't listen to.

Like I said, nothing out of the ordinary.

For the first three hours the place was quiet and Camila only made a couple of small tattoos with big meanings. As always, she was proud of them.

...And then she arrived, ready to change her life, although at first neither of them noticed it.

The bell at the front door alerted everyone that someone had entered, but only Camila turned to look.

She wore tight pants, high boots, and a leather jacket up to her neck and a beanie, all black. Her eyes were covered with sunglasses, her lips were decorated with an intimidating dark color and her perfect features on a smooth pale skin showed nothing but seriousness.

Camila smiled as her eyes rolled.

Surely she would be one of those extravagant customers who asked for huge skulls on her back, or fierce, evil snakes curling up on her leg and ascending up to devour one of her breasts.

Unable to take her eyes off her for a second, her eyes followed her to the counter.

She had an elegant, determined walk, and her head was always held high, as if she lived alone in the world and the chances of stumbling were nil.

She was beautiful. Very beautiful. Camila could see this from a distance.

Her sculpted features, her dark lips drawing a fine line, the way she made her brown hair to the side as she walked... No doubt she was a woman anyone would lose their breath for.

Her hands gently passed the pages of the folios and watched each design for a couple of seconds, judging them behind their glasses with tight lips. Little by little she seemed to dismiss every tattoo artist in the place.

And in the end, there was only one folio left.

Camila approached the girl quickly. Her gait, unlike the other woman's, was clumsy and she constantly stumbled over things around her. At that time she almost hit her when her feet got tangled, but the mysterious woman didn't seem to notice this.