78. It's You

"Um...err...so...well..." I stuttered as I tried to wriggle myself out of his arms.

Even though his embrace felt so gentle and soft, it was absolutely impossible to break free from it no matter how hard I tried.

"Pwease let meh go," I said with my voice muffled a bit from being pressed against his chest.

"I will but..." Ace murmured as he brought his face down to mine, "...only if you tell me which [b-stard] person you fell in love with."

...Was I mistaken...?

I swear I just saw Ace silently mouth a bad word with his lips...

Nah...I was probably just imagining things.

"Ah...um...It's a long story...so..." I said as I tried even harder to pull away from him.

"We have time," Ace said sternly as if there was no way in the world he would lose this opportunity.

"Well...I'm sorry!! I just can't!!" I yelled even louder as I pushed on him with all my might.

But just like a mountain, he did not budge even an inch at my futile attempt.

...You've got to be kidding me...right...?

With the amount of strength that I'm using right now, I could easily toss the greatest boulder in the world from here to the royal palace!

And I could easily kick one of those massive semi-trucks like a football across the entire continent!!

But yet...here I was...stuck in his arms like a mouse in a mousetrap with no place left to go...

This was truly...

...Unfair.

"Please...Cordelia...I need to know..." he whispered with a sad expression on his face.

At the sight of his pitiful puppy-like expression, I almost gave in and told him anything he wanted.

But I didn't.

Never.

There's no way in heck am I ever letting him know.

"What will you even do if I tell you?!" I asked loudly.

"..."

Ace didn't say anything as he turned his head away from me slowly.

"Ah...well...I'll think about that later," he said a little slowly as he dodged the question.

"See?? You don't have to know, so please let me go-"

"No. I won't. I have to know," he murmured as he tightened his hold on me.

"Ace-"

"Tell me..."

"No...!"

"Please..."

"I can't though!"

"Cordelia..."

His voice continually grew weaker as he spoke.

"...I can't tell you, Ace. I'm sorry..." I apologized as I closed my eyes shut as tightly as I could.

"..."

I could feel Ace's body stiffen again at my words.

There was an empty silence for a while as I struggled to break free from him, to no avail of course.

"Is it because...I've been too nice lately...?" he asked me quietly.

"What?" I murmured.

Before I could realize what was happening, he picked me up from the ground and carried me over to a conveniently placed bed in the corner of the room.