22

Cade's POV
----------------
Christmas was approaching fast, Anna and I decided not to do gifts this year since the twins due date was coming soon and all our focus was on preparing for them. Little did Anna know I wasn't going to listen and get her something.

I had managed to slip away for a bit saying they needed me at the office, it has happened a couple of times already so I knew she would believe it. I walked into the jewelry store that was filled with nervous looking guys shopping for their significant other. I walked along the counter looking at the necklaces, what the hell should I even get her? She was so simply and only wore her mom's wedding ring on a necklace and her engagement ring.

"Need any help" The older woman behind the counter asked, "Yeah, I want to get my fiancé something I just don't know what" I rubbed the back of my neck feeling stupid. "Well a simple bracelet or necklace would work, most women love something simple for daily wear" she explained pulling a small table with jewelry carefully placed on it for me to get a closer look. "Ok, she is also pregnant and I think she would like if it incorporated them" I told her eying a necklace with a sliver circle with an 'A' on it. "Oh congratulations, if you two have names picked out we have bracelets and necklaces that can be customized with letters for each person" she pulled even more jewelry to show me.

After an hour of looking I finally found something Anna would like. I had it so it would be delivered that way Anna wouldn't see it.

I got home to find the house empty, Elliot was off for the holidays visiting family. Temporary guards were posted at their stations, I asked where Anna was and apparently she was out doing 'stuff' as she told the guards.

I went up to my office to get some work done, honestly I liked working from home. I wasn't dealing with everyone's bullshit and I was able to make sure Anna was ok almost all of the time. A loud bang came from the door stairs, she was home.

"Hey I got the bottles we needed" she popped into my office with a big smile. "Perfect" I stood up and rounded the desk to hug her.

"I was thinking, we need to go get a tree for the living room. Christmas is next week and we don't have one, so why do we have a day trip to Oregon to get a tree to put up" She said wrapping her arms around my neck. "Great idea, there is actually this beautiful tree farm near the border we could go to" I smiled down at her. "Awesome, when are we going?" she asked "How about tomorrow morning, 6am, be there" I winked at her before leaving the room.

Tomorrow would be perfect.

Anna's POV
-----------------
I walked back to me and Cade's room with a smile on my face, I was super excited for tomorrow. I hadn't gone to get a christmas tree since I moved in with my aunt and uncle. But that was in the past, Cade and I were making new traditions, for us and the twins.

I checked to make sure Cade wasn't coming into our room before I slipped into the closet to find a place to hide Cade's gift. We had said no gifts but I did it anyway, I got him a chain with the twins and my initials engraved into it. I slipped the box into the back of my sock drawer and left trying to be nonchalant.

Walking back into the twins room I looked around. The paint was finished and each twin had their name hanging above their crib that was made of natural wood. The room felt very cozy, with the rocking chair situated in the corner by Braylon's bed, I sat down and placed my hand on my belly.

These kids were already trying to kill me, one was always kicking or moving, leaving me uncomfortable all the time. But soon it would all be worth it and being in their room made it so already. Everything was almost ready, we were only waiting for the carseats to arrive and we would be ready. Cade had made me pack a hospital bag which seemed at bit much since I was still now 2 months away. But he wanted to be prepared which was understandable.