April Cont.

"Oh... You found that."

He raises his voice a bit, "I'm asking you again y/n, when were you going to tell me?!"

"I was going to tell you this morning, but I forgot after everything that happened."

"You forgot to tell me?! This looks like it says positive!"

"That's because it is Tom."

"I know we've been...active...a lot, but I -I don't know what to say."

You walk over to him and take his hands, "Tom, you should know....", you pause, "that this is my comeback!"

"What?" Tom gives you a confused look.

"Happy April Fool's Day Tom" you wink.

Tom let's out a deep sigh of relief and his shoulders relax after he had them tensed up. "You got me back good y/n. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!"

"Well you almost gave me one this morning! I had to get the driver from Instacart to get that prank test delivered to me with my order."

"So, to be totally clear, you're not pregnant?"

"I'm not. I have been on birth control for a while already as it helps me with my cramps."

"That's a relief to hear." Tom says smiling of relief.

You giggle. "well stay here and let me get dressed and I'll make it up to you with what I have planned."

Once you get dressed you, you stand in front of Tom. "Well, what do you think?"

"You look exquisite darling", Tom tells you.

"Follow me, but close your eyes"

You lead Tom downstairs into the foyer and into the living room. "Open your eyes you tell him".

Tom's eyes glisten and he smiles as he walks into his living room where you dimmed the lights and set out your romantic spread.
"Y/n, this is absolutely lovely. What's the occasion?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to surprise you with something as lovely as you are. How about you take a seat by the fireplace, open the bottle of Chianti, and I'll bring you a surprise I have in the kitchen."

You go into the kitchen and start plating thee Bolognese you made. Carefully you walk over to the living room, "surprise! I made you your favorite!"

"Bolognese...how did," Tom laughs, "nevermind I already know how you knew."

"Like I told you I know quite a bit about you."

"You truly outdone yourself y/n. I don't think I deserve all of this."

"You're letting me live in your home, you let me take care of you in more ways than one, you have made me smile and have given me a person to open up to that I haven't had in a long time. You are deserving of this and much more Tom."

"Well you have graced not only the halls of my home, but also me with your beautiful, sweet, funny, and caring presence y/n."

The both of you start to enjoy your meal and you try to work up the courage to start asking the questions that both of you have been avoiding.

"Tom, there are things that we have yet to talk about since I've been here. You know about my childhood and I know by yours, you know about my university life and I know about yours, but we haven't talked about our love mishaps that have led us to where we are today."

Tom take a sip from his glass and looks down at it. "I prefer not to talk about that subject y/n."

"I understand your desire for privacy when it comes to that. I understand how little you have of it living in the spotlight, and how tabloids are hungry for information; and how the little bit of information they somehow do get, they like to twist it out of proportion."