Chapter 117

It's the morning of November 3rd, meaning today is the day I get to give Sirius his ring. I had Remus wrap it for me since he's the only one of the group who can wrap a decent present without it looking like it was done by a two year-old.

Quickly snatching up the perfectly wrapped present, I rush upstairs to greet my boyfriend on his seventeenth birthday. I push the door open to find all boys sitting on their respective beds except the one that I'm actually here to see.

"Where's the birthday boy?" I ask, frowning.

"Birthday boy's in the shower." James says with a smirk. "Why don't you go in there and join him?"

I roll my eyes but shoot back, "Not while you're here."

James shrugs and hops off his bed. "Doesn't matter. The boys and I are headed out anyway. We've got to go get all the supplies ready for the surprise party. Your job is to keep Sirius occupied, remember? Don't let him leave this room, and I promise to knock before entering and seeing something that could scar my poor innocent mind for life."

"Innocent, sure." I scoff, throwing a pillow at him which he easily dodges much to my displeasure.

"No, but really, do keep him here." James says as he and the others get up to leave. "Since I wasn't able to get him a present, I want to at least throw him a hell of a party."

"Yes, yes, I'll keep him busy." I nod.

Remus and Peter follow James out of the room and I sneak a bar of chocolate from Remus' stash to snack on as I wait for Sirius to get out of the bathroom.

I eventually hear the distinct squeak of the shower being turned off, and can't help the flutter in my stomach at the thought of a freshly showered Sirius. He just always looks and smells especially good after one, can you blame me?

This boy sure is taking his sweet time. Though he doesn't know I'm out here, so why would he be in a hurry?

Finally, Sirius emerges from the bathroom wearing a pair of jeans and a white undershirt that clings to the excess water on his muscular body. He ruffles a towel into his hair and a boyish grin finds his face as he spots me. "Hello, love!"

"Happy birthday!" I smile, moving forward to give him a kiss. He throws the towel aside and wraps his arms around my middle, kissing me softly. "Do you want your present from me now or later with the rest?"

"Now, obviously!" He chuckles, and greedily holds his hands out.

I slip the little present into them and he is hasty to unwrap it to reveal the velvet box.

He playfully narrows his eyes at me, "You aren't proposing to me, are you? Because proposing to you is one of the things I am looking forward to doing."

I giggle, "No, Sirius! Would you just open it up already?"

"Merlin, you're eager this morning." He wiggles his eyebrows.

I then watch as he turns the box over in his fingers and flips it open. His whole face softens at the sight of the ring. "It isn't an engagement ring, it's just a ring. But if you look on the inside it says je t'aime pour toujours. I know you know what that means because you're the one that taught it to me. And I do – love you forever, I mean. But that's not all. It's also got a protection enchantment on it, so you can't be hexed."

His eyes flick over to mine, and I think this is the most loving his eyes have ever been. "Chiara, it's perfect. I'll never take it off." He steps forward and wraps me up in a tight hug. I sigh happily in his arms and inhale the smell of his shampoo.

When we pull away, he stares down at the ring looking like a child at Christmas. "Which finger should I put it on?"

"Put it on your middle finger." I say and he does as I tell him. I admire his hands as they flex under the ring. "It looks so hot," I say, looking up longingly into his eyes, not missing the way his eyes move down to my mouth for a second.

"Oh yeah? How hot?" Sirius asks in a husky voice, leaning down close enough that his breath is tingling on my lips.

I release an involuntary whine for his lips and Sirius smirks. In one quick swoop, he kisses me. He grips my hips and guides me over to lay on his bed, and then climbs over to be on top.

We kiss like that for a while. Taking the time to be slow and exploratory, with our noses brushing, tongues lazily sliding in and out of each other's mouths, and my skin tingling from every place he touches me.

I kiss from his lips to his strong jaw to down his neck, and he emits small noises of pleasure as I go. "I love you so much, Chiara." He moans right at my ear.

I kiss my way back up his neck to look into his lust-blown eyes. "I love you with everything in me, Sirius."

Our lips meet again, only now Sirius starts kissing me more harshly. It seems as if a greater urgency to be close hits us both. I wrap my legs around his hips so our bodies are pressed flush against one another, and kiss him back just as fiercely. Sirius is obviously in control but I like to see him come undone. I smirk against his lips as I move my hands up into his damp hair and tug just a bit, the way I know he likes it.

He groans into my mouth at the feeling but I am disappointed when he abruptly pulls back and rolls off of me.

My lips are parted and my breathing is unsteady as I prop myself up on my elbows to look at him. He's got his eyes gently closed and his breathing is fast and heavy. "You alright there?" I tease.

"You know pulling on my hair like that drives me crazy." He breathes out with his eyes still shut and his cheeks flushed. "I just need a minute...to calm down, y'know?"

Sirius has been very respectful about not taking things further than I'm comfortable with. "Sirius," I pause, taking a deep breath to steady my thundering heart. "We don't have to stop."

His eyes fly open, revealing only thin rings of grey left as his pupils have blown so wide. "Are you – are you sure? We don't have to, love, I told you I don't mind waiting."

I say nothing, and instead crawl over to him and straddle his lap. Sirius bites his lip as he watches me reach down to undo his belt. When my fingers graze the exposed part of his abs, I feel him shiver under my touch and make another perfect little sound.

He plays with the hem of my shirt. "Can I?"

I eagerly nod and he pulls my shirt over my head. He plants kisses all over my newly exposed skin before returning to my lips and kissing me hungrily.

I pull his shirt off, too, and start pushing on his bare shoulders to get him to lay him back on the bed. But he only growls in response. I gasp as he flips us around and slams me down onto the bed to be on top again.

He's got me pinned under him, his legs straddling my waist, and his fingers gently tracing the clasp of my bra. He looks down at me with dark, lust-filled eyes and says, "If you want me, Chiara, I'm yours."

"I want you."

A/N: So, uhh, to quote Frosty the Snowman, "Happy birthday!"