08 | The betting pool

┏━━━━━━━━┓

We placed a bet or two
On lover boy and you 

┗━━━━━━━━┛

"We have a couple of bets going

"We have a couple of bets going." Rebekah said. "The first is who will give in first. The second is how long."

"I am betting on Talia and five days" Nik said.

"I've got money on Kol and one week. We need a little girl power around here." Rebekah teased.

"Would you like to join the betting pool?" Nik asked.

Kol growled. "Stop it."

Elijah looked between Kol, Rebekah and Nik. "I think I will. What's the bet?"

Nik smirked. "I bet two thousand dollars that Talia will break first and one thousand for five days."

"Seriously." Kol complained. "You are really doing this?"

"I bet him three thousand dollars that Kol will go first and two thousand for one week. What is your bet Brother?" Rebekah inquired.

"Oh, way to have faith in me little sister." Kol grumbled.

Elijah thought for a moment.

"Don't you dare! Elijah? Don't you dare do it!" Kol snarled.

The three gamblers ignored Kol and kept talking.

"I bet you four thousand dollars that they both go at the same time. As for the length, I am betting two thousand dollars for three days." Elijah offered.

"Deal." Nik smirked at Kol's protests.

"Deal." Rebekah loved riling up her older brother.

Kol went silent. The three looked over to see he was gone. There was a loud crash upstairs. Nik, Elijah and Rebekah shared looks before bolting to their rooms.

Kol had had enough. They were betting on Talia and him. He would get even. Kol ran out of the room and towards Rebekah's room. Kol made a mess of her room before zipping past his siblings and making a run for Elijah's room.

"Kol!" He heard Rebekah yell.

Kol messed up Elijah's room quickly and ducked under his siblings hands as they tried to stop him. Kol ran for Nik's art room, only to be stopped by Nik as he snagged his arm as he went past.

"Don't even think about it Little Brother." Nik grappled with a struggling Kol and threw him down the stairs.

Kol jumped up with his vampire face out. "I told you not to do it."

Talia chose that moment to walk out of the kitchen with her food and cup of water. She froze blinking at them. "What the hell?"

Kol sped over to Talia. "They are betting on us." He growled.