14 | I dont need your help

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Leave me alone

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Kol was resolute in his decision

Kol was resolute in his decision. "Yes. She was getting too close."

"She is really angry, brother." Niklaus was watching Talia out the window. He caught a glimpse of her face. He thought he saw a tear slip down her face but Talia took off for the woods before he could confirm it.

"Stay out of it! This is Talia and my choice! She is mine to say that to." Kol stumbled at the end.

"Nice save little brother." Niklaus applauded. "I almost believed you on that."

Kol fumed. He lunged at Niklaus determined for a good fight. Kol made contact with Niklaus and punched him towards the wall. Niklaus got up quickly and ran at Kol throwing him into the table. Niklaus wiped off his bleeding lip. Kol was up again and this time he managed to punch him through the wall of the house.

Elijah, having heard the commotion ran downstairs but not quickly enough. When he entered the room Niklaus had bit Kol leaving a wound on his shoulder.

"That will teach you, little brother. Coming after me like that." Klaus scoffed.

"What did Kol do?" Elijah sighed. He had no doubt that Kol provoked Niklaus.

"He had run Talia off. Apparently they were getting too close. I talked to him about it and Kol attacked me. So I bit him. Don't expect me to heal him anytime soon." Niklaus stalked from the room to go outside to look for Talia.

Elijah looked at his brother. "You did this to yourself Kol." He sighed. Elijah helped Kol up.

"I don't need your help, Elijah." Kol snapped. Kol ran for his room. The loud bang that followed as he slammed the door echoed in the house.
---------------------------

Talia ran for the small lake she had found on Niklaus' property. When she reached it, Talia laid on the shore with her feet in the water. Talia heard someone come up to her. Talia scented the air and sighed as she smelt Niklaus. She sat up when she smelt the blood. "You are hurt." She stated.

Niklaus sat next to her. "Nothing big. Just a split lip. Should heal up in a minute. How are you?"

"I am fine." Talia muttered, tracing designs in the dirt with a stick.

"I bit Kol." Niklaus said abruptly.

"Good." Talia seethed.

Niklaus looked shocked. "I won't heal him for a bit." He said slowly.

Talia huffed and threw the stick down. "You don't need to heal him. A hybrid bite only makes an Original sick. They eventually fight it off like a common illness. The only thing that really happens though is he will hallucinate and be feverish. You haven't sentenced him to death. You have only incapacitated him for a short while."

Niklaus raised an eyebrow. "Let me guess. Future?"

"Yes. Elijah made you mad by going behind your back for something and you bit him. You left him in the middle of nowhere with a pregnant werewolf for company." Talia smirked.

"Ah. The Haley girl I presume." Niklaus spoke.

Talia nodded. "I must say, I do like her fate."

"What happens to her?" Klaus asked.

Talia smiled secretly. "That is not mine to tell right now." Talia grew serious. "There will come a time, in the future, where I won't know what happens next. I need you to understand that I am not all knowing. I know a lot, sure. But all knowing? No. When that happens I might need you to protect me. Do I have your word?" Talia held her hand out to Niklaus.

Niklaus thought for a moment, then placed his hand in hers. "You have my word."

The two hybrids sat in silence for a half an hour, both lost in their thoughts.

"Kol didn't mean what he said you know." Niklaus spoke up.

Talia clenched her hands into fists. "I don't want to talk about Kol right now, Nik."

Niklaus raised his hands in mock surrender and went silent again. When the moon rose Niklaus stood up. "Come on Love. Let's go back to the house."

Talia stood up wordlessly and brushed the back of her jeans off. Still not saying anything, Talia ran at supernatural speeds back to the mansion. Talia burst through the door and ran for her bedroom. Talia ran past Rebekah as she was coming down the stairs.

"Whoa. Where are you going?" Rebekah caught Talia's arm as she went past, pulling her into a stop.

"To bed." Talia said shortly.

"What? No Hybrid Bootcamp?" Rebekah teased.

Talia stared at her, stone faced.

"What happened?" Rebekah said softly.

"Your brother happened. We had some words. Kol attacked Nik. Nik bit him. I went for a walk. Now I am going to bed. Goodnight." Talia spoke in a monotone. When she was finished, Talia yanked her arm from Rebekah's and went into her room. Talia's door slam was heard throughout the house.