18 | It sounds like a date

┏━━━━━━━━┓

It's a date

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia hummed as she stepped out of her shower

Talia hummed as she stepped out of her shower. She frowned as she noticed what song she was singing. The song wasn't out yet. Talia brushed through her hair as she thought about the last five days.

The last time she saw her sister, her baby blue eyes were panicked and welling up with tears. Talia hated seeing Matty cry. The next things after that had been a whirlwind. Saving Kol, the interrogation, the First Protector thing. What was up with that anyway? In the show there was no such thing.

Talia grew nervous at that. Since this thing was new and her giving out information, nothing was going to go the same as in the show. To be honest, Talia stopped watching the Vampire Diaries after the Originals left. She hated vampire Elena.

She switched over to the new show the Originals when it came out. Talia had watched season one but got distracted with school after she had watched it. The only things she knew about it was spoilers from the internet.

She hoped the others never found out. The only things she knew was that Kol, Finn, Esther and Mikael came back by Divina. Kol was in the body of some warlock named Kaleb. Kol dies for good in the arms of his siblings. Talia just knew that after that, they were never bringing back in Kol.

A whisper at the edge of Talia's mind freaked her out.

"Don't worry Child. Everything will work out as it should." A female voice crooned soothingly in her mind.

Talia jumped. "Hello?" Talia called out nervously.

Nothing happened.

Talia shrugged it off and went back to getting dressed. Ten minutes later Talia was coming down the stairs still a little spooked.

Kol appeared out of nowhere and scared her. Talia reflexively snapped her fist out and punched Kol in the chest.

"Oh my word! I am so sorry. Are you okay?" Talia frantically flapped her hands about.

"I am fine, Darling. What has you so scared?" Kol wheezed for a minute.

"Nothing." Talia said, calming down.

Kol gazed at her evenly. He knew she was lying, but the pleading look in her eyes convinced him to interrogate her later. "We need to talk, Darling."

"What about?" Talia asked.

"Not here." Kol grabbed Talia's wrist and pulled her up into his room.

"What is this about Kol?" Talia yanked her arm from Kol's grip.

"I don't want you going on this date with Galen." Kol said, not meeting her eyes.

Talia huffed, exasperated. "It is not a date. Elijah set it up because the hunter wants to meet me. He doesn't fully trust Elijah and wanted to know me."

"Sounds like a date to me Darling." Kol smirked.

"What is it to you anyway?" Talia fumed. "I thought we agreed on not being in a relationship. You can't dictate what I do. If that was all you needed, I am going downstairs." Talia marched past Kol and walked out the door, missing Kol's hurt look.

Kol then got angry. While he couldn't stop her going, he could tag along with her and listen in. Kol made his decision and went downstairs after Talia, ignoring his brother and sister's looks.
---------------------------

"Looks like I am winning Nik." Rebekah mused as she watched Kol.

"Ah, but I am also winning." Nik pointed out as he also watched his little brother.

"Poor Elijah. He really doesn't know how to bet." Rebekah looked into her glass of wine. She glanced up smirking at Nik.

"That is true, Sister. He also made the highest bid out of all of us." Nik smirked as he watched Talia walk away from Kol.

"To our winnings?" Rebekah lifted her glass.

"To our winnings." Nik clinked his glass of scotch against hers.

"You know we can hear you, right?" Kol's pissed off voice interrupted their moment.

"Oh, we know. We just don't care." Rebekah said back.

"What? Scared you are going to lose?" Nik taunted.

You could just about see smoke curling off of Kol. With lightning speed, Kol snatched up the closest thing near him and launched it at the two siblings.

Nik and Rebekah ducked the vase that came at them.

Kol sneakily grabbed a curtain rod and came after them but was stopped by Elijah. "Kol. Stop."

Kol shoved Elijah away. "No. This is your fault Elijah. You are the one who set her up on that date with Galen." Kol sneered his name.

Elijah remained impassive. "He just wants to meet her. Now go calm down."

Kol growled and stormed off.

A slow smile spread across Nik and Rebekah's face. "Why, brother I do believe you have been playing matchmaker." Nik said.

Elijah smoothed his suit. "I did no such thing." The smirk on his face said otherwise. "And to be fair, I didn't exactly see Kol and Talia interact before the bet was made. Since I am already out of one when would you like the money?"

Rebekah and Nik shared looks. "When whoever wins that bet." Rebekah answered.

A loud crash was heard upstairs. The three raised their eyes to the ceiling. "Deal. I have preparations to make. I will see you two later. Try not to cause too much trouble." Elijah walked off.

Another crash was heard. This time it came from Nik's art room.

Niklaus got a look of horror on his face. "KOL!" Nik yelled and ran off.