Love Goes On & On

Third POV

As Steve leans in closer to Ella, she placed her hand on Steve's lips and he looked at her confused

"I was love with you in the time I didn't know anything, but I know myself now." She said and inhaled deeply then looked up into his eyes.

The door of Ella's room is opened and Steve quickly moved away from her, there in the doorway stood Four. He awkwardly coughs and Steve walked out the room. Ella looked at him as he left, but he turns around just as he gets to the doorway.

"I'll wait for you, until the end."

She stayed silent and Four looked at him walk out, he sighs and closed the door.

"I interrupted something, didn't I?" He asked her and she shook her head. "How are you feeling?" He questioned. Ella inhaled and runs her hand through her hair.

"I just want all of this to be over already." She responded then sits down on the edge of her bed, he nodded and sits next to her looking out the window. "Do you remember when we were little, we felt each other's feelings?" He asked out of the blue.

Ella looked at him.

"One time, you were so angry at dad when he was hitting me with the belt, you got in front of me bravely to shield me." He said reminiscing of the past, she nodded and he looked at her. "I felt that braveness in you which gave me strength to keep on living." He said barely above a whisper. She furrowed her brows and then came to realization.

"Four..." Ella said with a soft voice.

"I didn't-" She sighs and swallowed the lump in her throat. "I didn't know."

Four gave her a reassuring smile and sighs.

"I always gave thought to how I should do it. Something about falling down a giant building felt like a symbolic way to go." He said, she quickly pulled him in for a hug and he held her close. "All those years I was alone, I resented you. I was so selfish." She said feeling her tear up. "I'm so sorry, Four." She apologized and he shook his head.

"No, Ella. You gave me strength to keep going."

She closed her eyes feeling a tear escape and now she knew her answer.

She had never given much thought to how she would die, but dying in the place of a loved one, it seemed like the only option to her.

"I appreciate everything you've done for me." She said and pulled away to cup his face.

"I want you to remember me for who I was. I want you to know that I love you." She added, Four furrowed his brows and she gave him a light smile as tears streamed down her face. "Ella, what are you doing?" He asked her concerned.

Her eyes slowly start glowing red and Four realized what was happening, he grabbed her hands, but it was too late. The red specs start flowing into him and his eyes began to glow red like hers, his veins glowed red as well and she exhaled.