Pajama Day

"Good morning," Thea said.

My eyes fluttered opened and my mouth curved up in a sleepy smile. Thea lay across from me, her eyes clouded with sleep but her smile as bright and energetic as the sun. There were few moments in life that were as perfect as the one I held before me; I wanted to reach for my camera and capture this memory forever. I projected myself into the future and imagined what I would say when someone asked me for a moment that defined our relationship and I would pick this one: Thea, beautiful as ever, waking up with me. This was a dream I never imagined could become my reality.

"Good morning," I answered, my voice gravely with sleep. "How did you sleep?"

"Never better. You're very comfortable."

"Am I? I've been told I'm an excellent cuddler."

"Is that so?"

"Don't you already know that? This is the second time we've slept together."

"The first time you freaked out when you woke up next to me."

I laughed at my past self, realizing how ridiculous I was knowing what I know now. "I was just a little surprised when I found myself in bed with you."

"I wish you could have seen your face that morning."

"I was mortified that I'd crossed a line."

"I enjoyed it," Thea said coyly.

"Did you now? Is that why you didn't make me move?"

"Mhm."

"Thea Amato, you are one sly fox."

Thea smirked. "I always get what I want."

I laughed. "Wow! Be careful that head of yours doesn't get any bigger!"

Thea shrugged and joined my laughter.

"You sure are something, Amato. I have to say I love the confidence though; it's one of the things that attracted me."

Thea winked. "I know."

"Is that so? Do you know everything?"

"Possibly, yes."

I shook my head but had that same silly grin plastered to my face that I couldn't seem to shake whenever Thea was around.

"So you enjoyed sleeping with me that night? Even all my cuddling?"

"I did. I liked holding you."

I blushed; I wasn't expecting Thea to answer like that. This new side of Thea—sentimental, caring, gentle—was an entirely new ballgame for me. I leaned in an kissed her gently on the lips, thrilled at the idea that I would be able to kiss her whenever I pleased.

"You know, if you hadn't spent the night I'm not sure I would have believed last night happened," I confessed. I somehow convinced Thea to come home with me last night. I wanted to fall asleep next to her, holding her, and wake up together. I wanted her to be mine and I couldn't bear to part with her last night, not even for a moment.

"Why not?"

"Because it's you. You're Miss Independent."

"Please don't start singing again."

I grinned, but obliged. "You don't need anyone."

"Of course I don't, but that doesn't mean that I don't want someone to share my life with, to share intimate parts of myself, to . . ."

"Share the burden of life with you?" I supplied.

"Exactly."

"And I'm that person for you?"

"Well, I've known you for three years now and I'd like to think that in those three years I've grown to know your character, your heart. I like what I see. I like who you are. You're caring and considerate in a way I haven't known in a partner."

The compliments embarrassed me and I didn't know quite how to take them; I had no idea Thea thought so highly of me. "I never thought that you could like me. I mean for the longest time you didn't even want to be my friend."

Thea chuckled. "You, us—it never crossed my mind until a couple of weeks ago. I guess there's something to be said about persistence and presence."

"Persistence? I was never trying to flirt with you."

"And yet somehow you still made me fall for you."

"It was my butt, wasn't it?"

The laughed and pushed me. "Okay, maybe a little bit."

"I knew it!"

"When did you realize you had feelings for me?"

"Well I've always been attracted to you, but it was ice skating for me. I liked that you didn't let me fall."

Thea reached out and rubbed her thumb against my cheek. "I'd never let you fall."

"I like that you let me take care of you," I confessed. "Even if you resist it at every turn."

Thea smiled, a laugh on her lips. "That's. . ."

"Just who you are, I know." I leaned over and kissed her again. When she kissed me back, I pulled her over on top of me and ran my hands through her hair. "Do you know that you're the most beautiful girl in this entire world?"

"Even in the mornings?"

"Especially in the mornings. I love your sleepy eyes and your bed head. I especially love you wearing my pajamas."

I kissed her again, still astounded at the idea that this was reality; that for three years I revolved in Thea's orbit and one day she decided to pull me in closer.

"I'm still shocked that you like me," I said, our foreheads pressed together and our noses gentle brushing.

"Why?"

"I didn't know you liked girl, first of all."

"I never said I didn't."

"You never said you did."

"I never felt the need."

"It would've made my life easier."

"Oh? Would you have tried hitting on me when Luca first introduced us since you thought I was hot?"

I grinned. "Maybe."

"The first time I saw you I thought you were absolutely gorgeous," Thea confessed.

I blinked a couple times. "You what? Are you serious? We could have been dating this entire time?"

Thea sat up and looked down on me, laughing. "Absolutely not."

"Why?"

"Because I thought you were annoying—"

"Wow."

"—and I didn't know you—"

"So?"

"—and I didn't trust you."

"Okay fair enough. But now you don't think I'm annoying, you know me—arguably better than Luca—and you trust me."

"I don't know about the annoying part . . ."

I pushed her playfully and climbed on top of her, pinning her arms beside her head. "I can be so much more annoying. Don't test me."

Thea smirked and she looked so beautiful I couldn't help myself: I kissed her again.

"I'm never going to get tired of kissing you," I murmured against her lips.

"I hope not."

"What do you want to do today?"

"Spend time with you."

"How about a pajama day? I'll make coffee and we can watch movies and TV and cuddle, even if you hate the cuddling part?"

"I would love nothing more, even the cuddling."

Thea grabbed us blankets, pillows, and fuzzy socks while I prepared coffee and toast. When I returned to the living room Thea constructed what could only be described as a nest. I happily plopped down next to her and she leaned against me, munching on her toast and sipping coffee.

"You make a really good cup of coffee," Thea said.

"It's one of my many talents."

"That works in your favor."

"How so?"

"You couldn't be my girlfriend if you made a shitty cup of coffee."

"So I'm your girlfriend?" I asked and for the very first time since I'd known Thea she looked absolutely unsure of what to say next. I watched her struggle for some clever comeback or some other response, my grin growing wider all the while.

"I shouldn't have assumed," she finally conceded.

"We just never talked about it."

"I'm sorry."

"Thea," I said, mustering up my best somber voice. She watched me carefully. I couldn't help it'; my smile cracked through. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Thea frowned immediately and punched me. "Asshole."

I hugged her tight despite her best attempt to push me away and gave her a big kiss on the cheek. "I hadn't officially asked you, you know. Just because we discussed reciprocated feelings, kissed, and I brought you home last night doesn't necessarily make you my girlfriend."

"You could have fooled me."

"Is that a yes?"

"Obviously that's a yes."

* * *

A/N: Thank you for reading, voting, and commenting!

Sorry for posting so late in the day/"tomorrow" for some of you, but I still technically made the chapter-a-day deadline for California time!

This was another "I have no idea what the fuck to write" chapter so... Here it is! I hope you all enjoyed a cute little random chapter.