46

" goodbyes "

Din and Lana peak around the corner where the child is being held. Two troopers guard the door with heavy blasters. "You take the one on the right, I've got the left." Lana whispers putting her blasters into her holsters. Din takes the spear from his back slowly as they begin walking out to the two.

"Hey freeze!" Yells one of them. Before they are able to fire Lana runs to grab one of the troopers behind his neck. She lifts him, throwing him against the wall, letting him land at her feet. She takes one swift kick at his head quickly turns the other way with a crack. She looks behind her and sees Din with the spear across the others one neck. The trooper struggles but Din eventually snaps his neck and his body hits the ground.

Din comes to the control panel, accessing the doors. Lana smiles under her helmet, she felt like she could feel Din's excitement. Lana waited in front of the doors, they finally saw the child again, but this time Moff Gideon held the dark saber over his head. "No..." Lana draws out. Din comes to her side seeing the grim scene.

The child reaches out for them with a soft coo. Din draws his blaster, aiming it toward Moff Gideon. They slowly step into the room, "Drop your blasters. Slowly."

Lana looks to Din, he gives her a reassuring nod. Lana takes her blasters out of her holsters and follows Din in slowly bringing them to the ground. "Now kick them over to me." On his command they do what he says. "Very nice."

"Give us the kid." Din demands.

"I see Lana found out her Mandalore roots. Your mother was a real pain in my side. That's why I had her taken out."

Lana's mouth dropped. "My mother died when I was born." She spit.

"Oh no, your mother was killed. By my men's hands." He smirks.

"Give us the kid." She says through her tears.

"The kid is just fine where he is." Moff Gideon waves the saber over his head. "Mesmerizing isn't it? Used to belong to Bo-katan. I know you've been traveling with her, that's how Lana got her armor isn't it?"

It took all of Lana's strength not to move an inch, she wanted to tear the sword from his grip and strike him with it. "Friendly piece of advice, assume that I know everything. Like the fact that your wrist launch has fired its one and only salvo. Not to mention I know Nite Owl armor like the back of my hand."

"Where is this going?" Din says angered.

"This is where it's going. I'm guessing that Bo-katan and her boarding party have arrived at the bridge, seeking me or, more accurately, this." He waves the saber in front of them. "But I'm not there. And I imagine that they've killed everyone on the bridge, being the murderous savages, they are. And now, they're beginning to panic. You see, she wants this. Do you know why? Because it brings power. Whoever wields this sword... has the power to lay claim to the Mandalorian throne."

"You keep it. We just want the kid."

"Very well." The saber goes back into the hilt. "I've already got what I want from him. His blood. All I wanted was to study his blood. This child is extremely gifted and has been blessed with rare properties that have the potential to bring order back to the galaxy.

"I see you two have a bond with him. Take him."

Din and Lana turn their helmets up to him. Din takes a step forward, "But you will leave my ship immediately and we will go our separate ways. Din and Lana begin stepping toward the child, before Din can pick him up in his arms, Lana looks to Moff who unleashes the saber. Moff slashes into Din's back, he begins stepping away so the child isn't harmed. Lana jumps toward Moff, taking blows to her chest armor. He continues slashing at them, backing them out of the room.