020

November 10th

Dear Future Me,

Today is Nikki's birthday, but I also have a big presentation with Levi today. I can't remember a time where I wasn't celebrating this day with her, but I have to remind myself to move on. I've been doing pretty damn good without her anyway.

I'm sure the presentation will go fine though. I mean, we've been working our asses off on it for weeks now. I just have to put my focus on that until it's all over and then I can maybe relax for once. It's crazy how we're having a project this big during the first marking period. I can't imagine what will happen at the end of the school year. We'll probably be expected to solve world peace or something, I don't know.

I had to wake up even earlier than usual today, but I can't complain. Levi is picking me up and we're gonna go on a Dunkin Donuts run, so yay, free coffee, and donuts. Maybe I could get one of those breakfast sandwiches. Ooo, or even a muffin. You know what? Lemme not get too excited. I have to get going anyway.

Sincerely,

Past Me.

•••

Levi beeped his car horn as Skye hurriedly locked her front door and ran down the steps, the time ticking as they had to hurry if they all wanted to get coffee. "Let's go! We gotta cram in this Dunkin' run!"

"Sorry, I was last minute writing something!" Skye exclaimed, running towards his car.

"Come on!" He beeped again, even though at this point it was useless because she had made it to the car already.

Skye opened the backseat door, forcing Hunter to scoot over so she could hop into the car without wasting more time. "Move, Hunter! I'm not sitting in the middle, there's no time!"

"Damn, Skye!" Hunter sassed, still not moving.

"Hunter, just move!" Danny yelled, not even sorry for raising his voice as he was kind of like the parent of the group.

"Yeah, I said move!" She said, pushing him over and squeezing into the car, slamming the door shut and not even bothering to put on a seatbelt "Drive."

Levi slammed on the pedal, speeding down the empty road so they could make it to Dunkin Donuts in time. There definitely wouldn't be any running over bikes today, but it wouldn't be surprising if that incident occurred again at that kind of speed.

Turning down the street, Levi slowed down as he hit the main road to avoid a ticket, although his passengers thought he should've kept speeding. It's like they wanted him to create chaos on the road.

"Why'd you slow down, man?" Xavier whined. "Dunkin' is always busy as hell in the morning and we got thirty minutes if we wanna make it to homeroom in time."

"Who's the one with the license here?" Levi raised an eyebrow, slightly looking over at Xavier while also focusing on the road, not receiving an answer from him as he didn't know how to respond. "That's what I thought."

"Xavier, considering you're the reason why I don't have a bike, your opinion is invalid," Skye interjected.

"Damn, I hate that you're right." Xavier cursed, crossing his arms and slouching down in the passenger seat.