26(1)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUNCH!"

Today is Layla's birthday and I just can't stop crying. Although she isn't my biological child,
To watch a child grow and to teach the child is just the most emotional thing.

"Munch we're going to the aquarium today."

I watch as she rubs her small hands against her eyes before smiling.

"MAA!" she squeals

"Yes baby?"

"Dada"

I turn around quickly with fear in my mind. My stomach feels like it's dropping and my heart begins racing.

I look at the hallway just to see nothing.

"Layla you scared mommy."

A knock at the front door gets my attention.

"Let's see who that is."

I stretch my hand out to hers and wait till she grabs it. She slides off the bed and we make our way to the living room.

"Coming"

Madison unlocks all the locks on the door that Dre helped her install when she moved.

"Who came to send my baby her birthday wishes." Madison squeals

She picks Layla off of the ground and plants her on her left hip. She twists the knob and begins pulling the door inward.

"DAAAA!" Layla squeals trying to get off of Madison's hip

Vito's eyes lit up in excitement at seeing his baby girl. It has been a few days since he saw the kids and missed them.

"Happy birthday Buba." He says excitingly

His eyes ran against Madison's body and he could see she looks different. Happy.

"Can I hold her?" He asks running his tongue over his bottom lip

Madison nods her head and watches as he reaches over to take her.

"Hey Bubba, you miss your Daddy?"

Layla begins babbling,making Vito nod and chuckle.

Madison opens the door wider allowing him to enter her apartment.

Vito steps in and gets a good look around her apartment. He nods in approval at the beautiful pink and purple decorations.

Madison shuts the door,making sure to leave the locks untouched.

"Raniyah told me you're having a birthday party for her."

Madison keeps quiet. She nods her head and walks away to the back to check on Cairo.

"Toot it's time to get up." Madison whispers in his ears

She places a few kisses on his head before turning him over on his back to change him.

"Baby." She whines

She changes Cairo and places his baby shorts back on him. She kisses his face all over until finally he opens his eyes.

"Your daddy is here to see you."

She picks him up and cradles him in her arms.

"You're such a handsome boy."

Vito looks up from Layla and watches Madison walk in with Cairo. He plants a kiss on Layla's forehead and plants her next to him so he could get a chance to love on him also. Madison made it her best interest to not look at him but once she looked at his beard it was hard. He made his beard grow out and he has a fresh cut. One side of her feared him while the other wanted what was planted in his Balmain jeans.