Chapter3:StrayCat and ApplePi

~Kenma's POV~
Our first year ended and Y/N hasn't been in contact with me at all....I went to her house but it was empty....

The first days of Second year,Y/N didn't come to school....The teachers said that she was on a family trip....

Everyday was hell....
It was boring without her....
No one to play games with....
No one to eat Apple Pie with...
No one to bake Apple Pie for me....

I remember one time that it started raining,she flinched so bad and bolted to a covered shed, she was like a cat....

Did she leave me?
Is she ever gonna come back?
I drowned my thoughts with Volleyball and Games.....

2 Weeks passed and there was no Y/N in sight...the last message she left me was 'See you....' and nothing more....Y/N didn't say anything to her friends either....

She disappeared like a ghost....
.
.
.
.

It's been exactly 6 months since she and I lost contact....She isolated herself somewhere.... after practice,I decided to go to the abandoned house,I unlocked the door and climbed up the rooftop,I spent the next few hours there and when I was about to leave,I found a note.....

Hey ApplePi,I knew you'd go here and I just wanted to say sorry for not being in contact, I'm fine,I just had family matters to attend to...I saw you climb up the rooftop and I didn't have the enough courage to talk to you so I left this note....I'll be back soon....
                                                       -StrayCat

It said and a small smile crept up my face,I placed the letter in my bag....

Every time that I would go to the abandoned house,a note would come out of nowhere... one letter was even delivered by a cat....
It's been a week.....

I laid on my bed since it was the weekend, Y/N wasn't here so I don't usually go out to places, I played some games before I heard a soft 'Meow' on my balcony door,I opened the curtains and I saw the same cat that gave me a letter on the rooftop the other day,I opened the glass door and took the letter,the cat nuzzled onto me before it ran away,I sat on the floor and opened the letter....

Hey ApplePi,
It's StrayCat....I'll be back really soon....I know I've been saying that a lot but this time I mean it....meet me at the house at 4:00PM,I'll wait for you there....I'll give you an explanation.....
                                                       -StrayCat^•^

After finishing reading it,I put it back in the drawer that had all her letters inside,I checked the time and it was only 2:34PM.....I got ready to go outside,taking a quick shower and packing some of things....

I left the house and dropped by the nearby grocery store to buy some stuff which were a few boxes of Pocky,F/D and other food....

3:45PM
I stood outside the house,It was locked from the inside so I opened a window,threw my bags inside and climbed through,face planting on the concrete....

I stood up and dusted off the dirt on me before I picked up my things and walked up the stairs, knocking on a wall that made a ladder fall,I climbed up to see Y/N....

She was on the other side of the railing....

(I don't own the picture)

She had her hair down and it danced with breeze,showing her blonde streaks and piercings.

"Y/N?" I said and she looked back at me "Hey Kenma...." she said softly while looking away again,I placed my bag down "What are you..." I couldn't complete my sentence as she chuckled "Why am I still alive Kenma?" She asked "Please step away from the edge Y/N...." I said and she looked back at me with teary eyes but she was still smiling.....

"What's the point of living?" She asked
"Please Don't...." I mumbled while looking down on my feet.

~Y/N's POV~
It's been 7 months since I've seen him....
His hair dye was washing off and he reminded me of Pudding....

I stood by the edge....My hands gripped on the railing behind me and I just smiled despite the tears that fell down on my face....

"I grew up with a mother that would constantly chain me up but I found out that she wasn't even my mom.....I still don't know why I'm still in that Toxic Relationship....The court is still deciding who I will but into custody with..." I said and I gave out a giggle "I'm gonna loose my mind...." I said and I crouched down,my hand still gripping on the railing....

"But I'm here...." Kenma said and I look up to see him standing a few meters away from me, hand on his chest and tears cascaded down his face....

"Kenma...." I mumbled softly
"I'm here Y/N! I'm your friend and I can't afford to loose you!" He said and he looked directly at me,his golden eyes pierced through me and I broke into tears "KENMA!" I said as I sat down the edge,crying and slowly,I saw him walking near the railing,he pulled me up and hugged me after he got me off the edge.

"Never do that again...." he whispered,I was still in his arms and he was breathing heavily since it took a lot of energy to pull me up
"I won't....I promise...." I said,holding onto him tighter,we sat on the floor and he gave me my favorite snacks....

"StrayCat?" He called out and I hummed in response "Tell me why your scared of water..." he said "When I was 7,me and my grandma were by the beach,my cousin threw me in the water but I wasn't ready....I almost drowned but my grandma pulled me out...." I explained "Where is she now?" He asked "She's in a better place...." I said "Oh...Sorry for asking..." Kenma said "It's alright...." I said.

"My last name was changed...." I said and he looked at me "I was found by real family..." I continued "So what's your last name?" He asked "Suguru..." I said "That's cool...You live with them now?" Kenma asked and I nodded "It's actually just 15 minutes away from your house,we live in the same neighborhood.... That's why I sent you my cat earlier...." I said and his eyes lit up "That was your cat?" He asked and I nodded "My brother got it for me, I call her Nala well.....my brother actually got me 2 cats,one was a small kitten and the one that delivered the letters...." I explained "That's so cute....I want to see them!" He said "Sure! Nala!Keira!" I called out and Nala jumped up the railing "That's really amazing Y/N....Wait where's the other one?" He asked and before I could answer a small ball of fur popped up from my bag beside me.

"She's....Tiny...." He mumbled while poking the kitten's nose.... "Adorable...." we muttered at the same time.Both turning red and looking away....

'That's Cute....'

Word Count:1220