Christmas Special

Christmas morning Eddie woke up fairly early and leisurely stretched. Turning onto his side he smiled softly to himself as he watched his boyfriend gently sleeping beside him in a pikachu onesie. Poking his cheek lightly Eddie woke up a well-rested Gaege, as both of them had gone to sleep rather early the night before (eleven pm, the earliest they've gone to bed in weeks). Gaege rubbed his eyes and puckered his lips in a request for a kiss, one that was promptly given. Swinging himself out of bed Eddie broke their sweet silence. "Good morning baby, merry Christmas," he turned and smiled at Gaege. "It's only nine, My sister will be here around twelve-thirty she said so we have plenty of time to cook everything we prepped last night."
  "Do I have to change?" Gaege yawned.
  " Nah, she doesn't care and neither do I. You might wanna wear an apron while in the kitchen though, so that you don't mess up your onesie." Eddie replied, getting up and padding out of the room towards the kitchen. Gaege ran a hand through his hair and then pulled the covers back over himself, muttering "Ten more minutes then I'll go,"
-
  Three and a half hours later, give or take a few minutes, Eddie and Gaege were wrapping things up in the kitchen. Eddie had prepped chicken and cheese tamales the night before so all he'd needed to do was pop them in the oven and make the rice. He'd been surprised when Gaege asked what he and his family usually ate on Christmas, having been anticipating having to buy a ham or something since he knew that Gaege usually had Thanksgiving part two for the holiday. But Gaege was excited to make and more-so to eat the tamales, although they had both been bummed out to find out that Eddie's parents would actually be going out of town this year to see his mother's sisters. They had found out about the relationship over lunch with Eddie at the very beginning of December, and were very supportive of their son, saying they only want for him to be happy no matter old traditions or beliefs. Gaege had met them before, but only as Eddie's friend, so both were obviously extremely relieved and happy about the reactions.
  Thankfully Eddie's older sister was more than willing to come celebrate with them, rejoicing over being the guest rather than host this year. She knew about the relationship from the beginning, Eddie texted her about a week in, and she had bought some cheeky gifts to tease her brother and his boyfriend.
  Gaege was mixing a pitcher of spiced sangria when the bell rang, signaling the arrival of Eddie's sister. He continued stirring, letting Eddie be the one to answer the door. Eddie had already finished all his cooking anyways, and set out both his dishes and Gaege's (Gaege made a cheese dip and, for some reason, stuffing from a box) on the table on santa and reindeer themed plastic platters they had found at the grocery store. Finished with the pitcher Gaege took it into the dining area and placed it on the bar cart next to the fancy glasses they had dug out of the garage. Eddie and his sister finally walked into the room, laughing and both carrying some of her presents as they had fallen out of the bag she originally carried them in.
  She immediately came over to wrap Gaege in a giant bear hug, going on and on about how cute he is and oh don't he and Eddie look good together and isn't her brother such a dork. They pulled apart with huge smiles on their faces and continued talking and cracking jokes about Eddie as they sat down. Eddie joining them with a grin on his face and chiming in every so often to object to what they'd said about him; and also reminding them to please eat the food they'd made instead of letting it go cold while talking so much Gaege.
-
After they'd eaten their fill and piled the dishes on the counters ("We didn't wash the ones from cooking yet either, it's fine,") they sat in the living room to open gifts. Eddie and Gaege hadn't opened any from each other yet either, choosing to wait until Eddie's sister arrived to do so. They had opened Nia and Narrators gifts early and sent theirs out to them with notes saying they could do the same (a "World's Best Dad" dad hat for Grant, a Dior clutch for Nia because that woman deserves only the finest things, and a cute baby-safe plush for the soon to arrive princess). Eddie's sister passed them her presents first, decorated lovingly in rainbow and glitter wrapping paper. "Cause you're gay. And you're bi. It's pride stuff," she said proudly.
  Eddie chuckled at her as he unwrapped his and revealed a new pair of converse. "Oh shit, thank you! How's you know I wore mine out?" "Eddie, honey, you wear out shoes every few months. I literally don't know how you do it when you mainly just sit at home." "It's one of my many talents,"
  She opened her gifts from them next, a nice bottle of designer perfume and an opal ring because Eddie knows she's been wanting one for ages, as well as a few other little things. She gave them both a hug before reminding them she also filled stocking with small presents and candies for them as she handed Gaege his big gift from her, a slight tease to them both. Tearing it open Gaege stared into the box before bursting into laughter, pulling it out to show it to a confused Eddie and his giggling sister. Gaege continued to laugh and Eddie did too, but in his mind he was thinking about how nice that red lacey babydoll lingerie dress would look on his boyfriends gorgeous body. Gaege caught the look in his eyes and got serious for only a second at the heat behind them before continuing to laugh and making grabby hands towards him for his present.
  Eddie obliged, handing it over to him and watching as he removed the tissue paper from the bag and found a large plush Squirtle (an inside joke of theirs when Gaege asked if there could be an adult version of Squirtle where the name takes on a more X rated meaning) which he immediately hugged tightly to himself. "Open yours from me, the big box!" he smiled.
  Eddie tore off the poorly-wrapped (it's the thought that counts though) paper and his grin turned into a soft smile. His sister let out a soft gasp and gave a knowing look to Eddie as she reached over and rested a hand over Gaege's. "A new china set?" Eddie asked softly. "Yeah, for us." Gaege replied.
"This must have been so expensive, I was wondering why you had such a big ass box." Eddie tried to laugh off the tears building in his eyes. Gaege shrugged, "Price doesn't matter, I wanted you to have a new one. One that we can use to host more days like this, with family,"
Eddie succumbed to his emotions and let a few tears fall as he shuffled on his knees over to his boyfriends spot on the carpet to wrap him in a tender embrace. His sister quietly got up as she let them have their moment, knowing the deep meaning of the gift to her brother to have a new nice dining set to use instead of the plastic he had today in his avoidance of the old set buried in the garage that their parents had given to him and Gabby when they were still together. Over their whispers of I love you and soft kisses, she played Elf on the TV and waited for them to join her.

————
a/n merry christmas to those who celebrate it! sorry this is all over the place i wanted to give something sweet without making it crazy long! taking a break from now to about the 28th and then there will be two chapters before or by nye, a filler and a full that'll include eddie and gaege's nye countdown. also i didn't know eddie's sister name i didn't wanna dig for it it felt weird since i only know he has one from offhand comments about "my sister" in videos just wanted to explain if me only saying "eddie's sister" got tiring lol